New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Slug Gun Project  (Read 2329 times)

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Re: Slug Gun Project
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 02:48:52 PM »
I found this project to be very interesting.  You certainly had to put a lot of time into it, and the end result was worth it.  The shotgun looks great!
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 08:52:32 AM »
I found this project to be very interesting.  You certainly had to put a lot of time into it, and the end result was worth it.  The shotgun looks great!

Thanks.   it did take quite a bit of time.   And I took it slow as this was the first time I've ever done any sandblasting or worked with this type of paint process.

I got to shoot it last weekend.  I forgot one of my ammo cans when I headed for the cabin so I never got to sight it in using the sabot rounds but I put about 20 rounds of Remington Sluggers and a couple boxes of Buckhammers through it.

Results were sketchy. At 50 yards everything with inside a pie plate but I couldn't dial it in any better than that with this combination before my shoulder started screaming at me. I actually expected better results even considering that the barrel is not really meant for rifled slugs. I get better groups though my smooth bore barrels at the same range.

I'm really hoping for a better results when I finally get to the range with some decent sabot rounds.

As a side, I'm really bummed that Remington quit making those Buckhammers. It was a "censored Word" of a slug.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 10:47:35 AM »
You did a fine job there my friend, Now get out there and kill something with it. That will be whipped cream on the pie, and meat in the freezer. Good luck
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 01:37:04 PM »
Looks Great. I enjoyed the entire process. Thanks for showing it. Hope you get it tweaked in. Should get the job done.

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 04:47:40 PM »
Nice project looks great hope it shoots as good as it looks-- You'll have a gem!1
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

New Page 3

Google Ad