New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Portable Hunting Pod  (Read 694 times)

Offline bruceleehicks

• Fawn
    • food truck heaven
Portable Hunting Pod
« on: October 23, 2013, 08:18:33 AM »
 ##$%#11 I made this for the homeless but am wondering how it would work out as a hunting blind?? I can add the screen on the top and two shooting widows. please watch the video and let me know your thoughts!! Thank you for your time & input!!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/xBrpkqIs5YA
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 06:34:18 PM by Gutshot »

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
Re: Portable Hunting Pod
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 06:39:20 PM »
That's incredible, and I applaud you for the great idea to help the homeless. As for a hunting blind, for me, it would be more sleeping than hunting, but I know there are some out there that would love to add one of these to their hunting properties. Thanks for sharing.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline rhawkins

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 09:57:11 PM »
Very neat tiny house!  I live up in the Melbourne FL area and would love to see a final or beta design. The design certainly takes advantage of all available space and can meet many of the housing needs.  I could also see one of these things loaded on a trailer for a compact version of a camper for a weekend trip to the country.  As far as making it into a hunting blind, your current design would certainly need to be modified for size, weight, portability, functionality and pricing. I could see that some sound damping material would probably need to be added which would also help reduce temperature transfer if used in colder areas. Your design and your manufacturing capability puts you in a good marketing position. This shooting house design would certainly last many years in the field. Set this thing on an elevated platform and first class all the way.  Keep us informed and post some pictures.  Cheers
Randy Hawkins
USAF, MSgt (ret)
Lifetime NRA Member
NWTF Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman

Deer Hunting and Land/Wildlife Management Rocks

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 04:54:13 PM »
Great idea!!! You could hunt in that for a week!!! I like that he made them for the homeless I hop eit catchs on.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 06:27:17 PM »
Definitely has a great potential as a small hunting cabin.  As far as homes for the homeless, it's a great idea, and I hope you can get some backing on the project.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

New Page 3

Google Ad