New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: GOLEE outdoor Journal 2013-2014  (Read 744 times)

Offline GOLEE

• 7 Point
GOLEE outdoor Journal 2013-2014
« on: October 14, 2013, 08:21:23 PM »
Starting my journal a little into bow season.. but its been so Hot and Humid, not much to talk about..
Went to Lease Saturday, hunted 2 hours in the rain, very hot and Humid, mesquitoes carried me off, saw a doe a small 3 pointer.
Set up a cedar rubbing post on edge of food plot, encouraging some larger bucks to stop and rub it down.
Checked all trail cams.. had 3 new deer I have not seen all year, with 1 good shooter 8.. Still have not seen #1 in about a month now.
Food plots are  beautiful, and plush as I have ever seen.
Went to camp at noon, with heavy rain starting again, picked up propane bottles, and came home to watch Texas / OU game . Hook em horns
Locked in Arkansas trip today with JM.. all is set for Nov. 11th trip for 7 days in NE Arkansas near Missouri border.. Chris has spotted 3 bears in area as well, and sent me trail pics today of some really nice shooters we hope are there when we arrive.. Praying my shoulder holds out thru deer season.. Starting to really bother me now, but I will tough it out till December.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:28:52 PM by GOLEE »
By Gods Grace I lived
NRA Member
Scout Master
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 08:45:39 PM »
Golee I was hunting not too far from you in wood county about 12 miles south of winnsborro.  Boy was it humid!  You could see the air. We pretty much missed the storms.

My buddy Dave got carried off by the skeeters too. I was all nestled up in my summit climber with a thermacell and didn't have one single skeeter buzz me.  Dave had to go in because if them.  If you haven't got one yet get it!

And yes......HOOKEM HORNS!   They played a good game. 
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline GOLEE

• 7 Point
Re: GOLEE outdoor Journal 2013-2014
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 04:01:14 PM »
Yea. I heard that. My T cell was in my bag but I was out of scent refills. I knew then I was in for it. Man it was crazy bad out there with no protection. In serious I bet I had 25 bites on me when I came our. I went to Academy Sun night and got some
How did you like the thick woods of East Texas. It's tough hunting. But it's one if the biggest deer hunting challenges   You have to sit on em and let em walk into you  good luck hunting
Hope that spot works out for you. There are good deer in that area
I travel in and out of the Quitman area and see big deer in the bottoms alot.
Good hardwoods and water everywhere
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 04:05:32 PM by GOLEE »
By Gods Grace I lived
NRA Member
Scout Master

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 06:03:35 PM »
I grew up hunting east Texas  close to Elkhart. 

It is tough in East Texas but the deer are there. I think more than what most people realize.  I'm almost afraid to bow hunt the place if I do get it because of how thick it is.  Retrieval would be a big challenge.  I'm thinking a carefully placed shot with the .270 would give me a better chance to retrieve a deer.

It's certainly a different world than the hill country and the mesquites out west.  I love the east Texas piney woods.
HOOKEM HORNS!
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline GOLEE

• 7 Point
Re: GOLEE outdoor Journal 2013-2014
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 05:20:21 PM »
I love it to. I moved away from East Tx several years and have hunted West Tx and South Tx and love it out there as well. But there has always been a special feeling about hunting the Piney woods of East Tx. It's just my kind of hunting I guess  it's not easy or very productive but it keeps you on your toes always thinking and guessing. You right the deer are here but their hard to get out. Their smart as a whip. It makes it that much more sweeter to get a nice buck. Good luck
By Gods Grace I lived
NRA Member
Scout Master

New Page 3

Google Ad