New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Sneskas 2013 Journal  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Sneska

• 6 Point
Sneskas 2013 Journal
« on: September 11, 2013, 06:42:45 AM »
I have been baiting bears for clients and today is the first they will be hunting. I hope they get bears soon. I have not found any big bucks on camera yet due to the bear guiding  taking up my time. I will ahg some stands this week and check deer cams soon.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Sneskas 2013 Journal
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 07:11:46 PM »
I have had cams out for 7 weeks and haven't seen a decent buck. I hope you have better luck than me. good luck w/ the bears too. way too many around
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Sneska

• 6 Point
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 08:01:16 AM »
Two of my bear clients are seeing bear. One is not seeing any bear. One shot but hit a tree on Friday and the one that I am filming for has seen bear and passed this one on Thursday.

http://vimeo.com/74477727

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 08:08:44 PM »
My experience field "scoring" bears is next to nothing,  but that looked like a young bear to me.  (Too large ears for his head)  would that be correct?
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Sneska

• 6 Point
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 02:26:34 PM »
Yes, young bear. WE got one a little larger than that and saw a very large boar that did not offer a shot. Also a very large sow with two cubs.

This is the largest buck on cam so  far. I hope to see some bigger ones soon. No one is seeing anything big around here for some reason. Not much registered either.

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 07:45:54 PM »
That's a very nice buck!  I like the heavy beams, although the tines don't seem all that long.  Looks wide, too!  I wouldn't pass him up if I had the chance.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline yari

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 07:32:05 PM »
i'm in the same boat just north of you. nothing bigger than 2 1/2 year olds and I've had cams out since july. this is the worst year for good buck pics ever.
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Sneska

• 6 Point
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 06:38:44 AM »
I has been a tough year. A trickle rut and deer numbers own. I am not big on hunting with a rifle anymore, it was too easy and too may other hunters but I still enjoy being out there. I have passed a lot of buck over the last  years in gun season but this year I decided to fill a buck tag if possible.
Saturday I saw e hunter about 0830. He looked like he was tracking something but I heard no shots from that direction. around 1115 I was eating a snack, gun against a tree n a doe came from the north and a buck in tow. She stopped about 25 yards from me and the buck about 50 yards. I missed! He stopped about 100 yards and looked back but I could not find him in the scope and he eventually was gone. I looked for blood but nothing. Dejected I thought about going home but then thought he might come back looking for the doe. Twenty minutes later he did just that. He stopped where I missed him earlier. I gave him a ride in my truck @--0--0123

Age at 5.5 years old with 18" spread. Short tines. He field dressed at 200 lbs. I had him on trailcam over a mile away.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:40:43 AM by Sneska »

Offline Sneska

• 6 Point
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 07:06:07 AM »
Trailcam photo over one mile away. I sat in this stand bowhunting the day before this photo was taken and did not see him that day. He was on that cam in daylight for three days. A least I thinks this him.

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 07:43:02 AM »
Congrats on a nice mature buck!!!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline yari

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 05:34:04 PM »
congrats. it was a little chilly for the opener. I sat all day and only saw one legal buck, a spike. I let him grow up
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline JALA RUT

• Sept. 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • 2013 Bow Harvest
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 06:43:35 AM »
Congrats on a great looking buck!
2014/15 Deer Hunting Championship Team#18; Buck Dynasty
Hunt Safe, Hunt Hard, Hunt Ethically and Have Fun!

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 06:50:15 PM »
That is one beautiful buck, Sneskas!  Congrats!  That was nice of you to give him a ride home.  Kudos to you for your persistance.
NRA Life Member.

New Page 3

Google Ad