New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Stabilizer question????  (Read 765 times)

Offline Dustin

• Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
Stabilizer question????
« on: August 18, 2013, 12:15:44 AM »
Ok the other day i was watching levi morgan and some of the shots he takes i wish i was comfortable with shots half that distance. Lol i looked into his set up and watched one episode where he gave some tips on stabilizers but never did answer my question. So i figured i would ask you guys. At 30 yard i can hit a nickel. But at 40 yards i cant seem to hold my bow hand steady from drifting up down left right. Would one of these 10 inch stabilizers help steady my hand? Whats yalls experiences?

Offline foodplot19

• 8 Point
Re: Stabilizer question????
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 08:11:15 AM »
Just curious Dustin. Does it matter if you are inside or outside? I notice at about 60 yds I get a little squirrelly. Do you shoot helical or straight fletchings? I have a 4" on my bow.  Interested in seeing what everyone else says.
Class of 88
Journeyman Lineman 17 years
Love to spend time outside with the wife and kiddos
Proud to say everything on or with my bow is MADE IN USA!!! Mathews Switchback XT
Constant boredom interspersed with moments of shear terror!!
Team Backstrap Obsession 14'-15' Whitetail Championship

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 09:15:32 AM »
I have a stabilizer I think it 8 inch  used it for ever, even during tournament it helps with tork of the bow  the hand thing I think is you need to build up the mussel in your arm and back and shoulder   ##$%#1119
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline Dustin

• Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 11:37:46 AM »
I only shoot outside and I shoot the short fletchings I think they are helical.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 02:07:24 PM »
levi shoots a ton. more than I ever had time to. keep that in mind.

my guess is it's all in your head. if you have a place you can shoot 60-80 yards w/ a very big backstop/target, definitely go there and shoot. you won't be nervous about loosing arrows and you can just go shoot and have fun. after playing at those ranges, 40 yards will be a slam dunk.

also, after each shot, try to keep your site on the bullseye until after your arrow hits. that will keep you from dropping or flinching.

good luck
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline ligpd

• 10 Point
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 06:52:40 PM »
I agree with Yari. Shoot long distance for fun/practice and then when you move closer they will seem easier. I shoot 80 and 90yds every day I shoot and have a blast doing it.

Also I was having a problem getting good groups at 90yds, but could hold 6 inch or less groups at 80yds until I used a friends 10 inch B-Stinger stabilizer with a total of 6ozs. of weight. Once I used it at 90yds I bought my own the next day. Not sure how it works like it does, but for my friend and I it really helps steady the bow a lot.

New Page 3

Google Ad