New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: cabin weekend  (Read 655 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
cabin weekend
« on: July 14, 2013, 04:36:33 PM »
it's been 4 weeks since I was at the cabin. man time flies!!!! w/ all the rain we've had the fields were 3-4 feet tall. I fertilized my WTI clover/extreme before I left and it was wild. the clover looked good, but the weeds went nuts too. it should have been cut at least 2 weeks ago. oh well

my NWTF soybeans were very bad. 4 weeks ago they were just breaking ground and now they were only 2-3" tall. too much rain? what a waste of 3 acres and a lot of fertilizer. anyway, no way they were worth saving. tilled everything up. I planted +2 acres of wintergreens. I left the last 1.5 acres tilled but unplanted. I wanted to spread out the maturity of my wintergreens. i'll plant that in 2 weeks

anyone ever tried the NWTF seed? it's cheap, but you never know what you will get. in this case it was bad. it might not have been the seed since it's been a wet year, but the local fields are looking great

so in summary. cut 4 acres, disced and dragged 3.5 acres, planted/fertilized 2 acres and yari is one sore pup
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
Re: cabin weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 04:53:41 PM »
Hate to hear about your soybeans. I got some seed years back from NWTF and had poor results with it also. Glad you got your work done the rain has been a real issue down here too. I've been trying to cut my grass for the past seven days and it's rained everyday...
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • taken around time HG and I were married
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 05:12:43 PM »
Sorry to hear about your soybeans. I used somew NWTF seed a few few ywars ago and was not happy with it
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Offline yari

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 08:05:37 PM »
so far, NWTF is 0 for 3. I was just hoping it was me. anyone else?
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline foodplot19

• 8 Point
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 10:57:00 PM »
I bought some seed corn from them a few years ago and was just able to plant it this year.  If I'm correct it is a name brand.  I'll have to check when I get home from work.  It is RR seed. It is seed that was unused for the season and NWTF bought it or it was donated to them.  I have no complaints as the pic's show.  I was over there this past Friday and some of the corn is over 8' tall.  It will make a great place for a blind.  I'll try to get the name brandon here when I get home. 
As far as the rest of it goes Chris.  Your booty ought to be draggin.................... @--0--0113.  I'm sure your Winter Greens will pan out ok. 
Class of 88
Journeyman Lineman 17 years
Love to spend time outside with the wife and kiddos
Proud to say everything on or with my bow is MADE IN USA!!! Mathews Switchback XT
Constant boredom interspersed with moments of shear terror!!
Team Backstrap Obsession 14'-15' Whitetail Championship

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
cabin weekend
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 11:41:22 PM »
Dang that's a bummer Yari.

Note to self:  don't use NWTF seed
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline foodplot19

• 8 Point
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 12:06:20 AM »
I bought some seed corn from them a few years ago and was just able to plant it this year.  If I'm correct it is a name brand.  I'll have to check when I get home from work.  It is RR seed. It is seed that was unused for the season and NWTF bought it or it was donated to them.  I have no complaints as the pic's show.  I was over there this past Friday and some of the corn is over 8' tall.  It will make a great place for a blind.  I'll try to get the name brandon here when I get home. 
As far as the rest of it goes Chris.  Your booty ought to be draggin.................... @--0--0113.  I'm sure your Winter Greens will pan out ok.
DEKALB is the seed brand I purchased from them.
Class of 88
Journeyman Lineman 17 years
Love to spend time outside with the wife and kiddos
Proud to say everything on or with my bow is MADE IN USA!!! Mathews Switchback XT
Constant boredom interspersed with moments of shear terror!!
Team Backstrap Obsession 14'-15' Whitetail Championship

Offline yari

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 05:37:01 PM »
[DEKALB is the seed brand I purchased from them.
[/quote]

yep, mine was a name brand too. I called the contact info to see if they were 90 day or 120 day beans. I never got a response. not good customer service. I also emailed them.

i'm glad your seed was good. after 3 years and still good. I've always been told 1-2 yrs max on large seed. 8' is awesome
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline bobow

• 4 Point
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 09:20:45 PM »
it's been 4 weeks since I was at the cabin. man time flies!!!! w/ all the rain we've had the fields were 3-4 feet tall.

On a more important note, is the chimney clean?   @--0--0118
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member NRA
Life Member ISRA
Member CCRA

Offline yari

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 09:34:55 PM »
it's been 4 weeks since I was at the cabin. man time flies!!!! w/ all the rain we've had the fields were 3-4 feet tall.

On a more important note, is the chimney clean?   @--0--0118

you know what? I haven't started a fire yet. been too hot. probably won't be until it cools off. thx for asking. i'll let you know when I clean it
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad