New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Imperial Whitetail Winter Peas PLUS  (Read 5076 times)

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
Imperial Whitetail Winter Peas PLUS
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 09:09:34 AM »
Welcome to TH Kamo.  Keep us informed on your plots.  I'm interested to see how well they do. I never had much luck with perennials because of the sandy soil and lack of rain. 

I noticed you are in NE TEXAS on a pine plantation.  I have a close friend up in red river county NE of Paris. Your place sounds similar to his. 
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline popgunwill

• Spike
Re: Imperial Whitetail Winter Peas PLUS
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 03:43:23 PM »
Russcat, you should try the Imperial Chic Magnet product. I haven't planted it because my soil is always wet but I have a friend in OK that has dry sandy soil. He claims it's the best product he's planted in 20 years. He has had it in the ground for 3 years and the first couple years he had less than 10" of rain and it survived and did relatively well. This year he got rain and the plot has been awesome.

Just passing the word.

POP

Offline Viking1204

• 12 Point
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 12:05:33 PM »
How did the peas turn out? Any pictures?
Air Force Veteran

Offline growalot

• 2014/15 Whitetail Deer Championship Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 05:10:41 AM »
bumping this to get an answer to Vikings question for ppl this year

Offline bholt

• Spike
    • BH Outdoors
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 12:55:01 PM »
Well mine did't do too well but on the other hand they might have been devoured as they came up. This is the first year I have gotten serious about this plot.
B. HOLT
BH Outdoors
Georgetown, Texas 78633
https://sites.google.com/site/bholtoutdoors/

Offline popgunwill

• Spike
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 10:27:15 AM »
My Grandson and I cleared a 1.5 acre plot this past fall. We've still got a little work to do but this is good soil and we've just sent in soil samples to the lab. It drains better than my other plots. I've got a neighbor that planted the WTI Winter Peas and he said he had deer all over it until the stuff was eaten to the ground. I'll be planting 1/2 the area in Winter Peas and the other 1/2 in Pure Attraction. I'm thinking it should be an awesome fall plot. We'll see what happens this fall.

New Page 3

Google Ad