New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Dutch Hunter's NZ Adventure Day 5, 6 and 7  (Read 867 times)

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
Dutch Hunter's NZ Adventure Day 5, 6 and 7
« on: April 01, 2013, 07:23:31 PM »
As you will see here Dutch Hunter had a minor laps in memory or the old timer thing is kicking in. TIP# 1, You cannot post pictures without a camera to capture something.  @--0--0125

NZ Journal Day 5, 6 & 7: Some dummy forgot the laptop when he left early Saturday morning. Wonder who that was?  ##$%#13 So I am playing catch up with the entries  @--0--0104. They’ll be a little on the brief side.

Day 5 Good Friday; Temp at 4:45 Am 47*, clear, very little wind. Only plans for today are R & R.

Skipping to the highlight of the day SUPPER! I’d compare wallaby to a young doe as far as taste and texture. It was even a little bit leaner and not very gamey in flavor kind of sweet. These guys know how to cook it; you don’t need a knife very, very tender.

Day 6; I got everyone up at 3:30 after making coffee. Chaz is going to take us to the other ranch for wallaby hunting. We were to be ready to rock and roll by 5:00, mission accomplished and away we rumbled. Arrived at the new location around 7:15 and met the owner (Mickey). Nice older chap, he has sheep and goats and way too many wallaby’s.

Here again I’m making a long story short; Mickey took us out and got us all set up, gentle rolling bottom land. The weather was decent just a bit breezy and threatening rain which never came down, temp warmed up to mid-50’s. We harvested five, Drew, Bill, and Ed all took one, and Ron was able to take two. I was clean up and with the exception of Drew’s all were clean one shot drops. Drew was able to finish his with a second shot so I never pulled the trigger. Mickey’s wife put on a great feed for supper; lamb chops and all the fixings, fresh apple pie for desert. We were invited to spend the night if we would like to hit it on Easter Sunday. Bill, Ron and I crashed in his bunkhouse, Drew, Ed and Chaz all returned home.

Day 7; Easter Sunday; a quick daybreak Easter service in the bunkhouse before breakfast then prepared to hit the hills. Mickey dropped us off around the rim of a small horseshoe valley. His plan was to take his truck down around the valley then he and his dogs would drive them into us. His plan worked pretty well, they had eight of them coming our way. I was positioned in the middle with Bill and Ron flaking me, Ron to my right at 100 yards with Bill the same distance on the left. The ranges for all of us would be 300 meters or less. I waited until the leader was 150 away and took it. Bill and Ron each got a follower. Ron with his semi-auto quickly took another. Bill missed with his second shot. I dropped another one closest to me. Ron is a very good shot and dropped his third about the same time Bill got his second  one and I finished up the party with one coming up the hill towards me at 100. Mickey was pleased and wanted to pay us for our efforts, we settled for a couple of beers while we waited for Chaz to retrieve us.

More about the dummy… Not only did I forget the laptop I also left the cameras on the desk beside it. Sorry my friends I have no pictures to share. The go-pro’s footage was viewed after supper. Ed helped me upload and edit it, I’m just satisfied, so we’ll tweak them a little more and I’ll post them after I get home.

We’re having a grand time. Looking forward to going out with Bomber and Clay starting Tuesday. If I remember anything of importance I’ll make an update entry later (via Gut, who’s doing a great job).

I hope you all had a very Happy Easter.
Until later, stay safe. Dutch
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • taken around time HG and I were married
Re: Dutch Hunter's NZ Adventure Day 5, 6 and 7
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 07:33:28 PM »
sounds like you are having a great time DH
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 06:52:29 AM »
Keep knocking them down Dutch and crew. Keep the updates coming.

Offline BeaglePup

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 11:55:04 AM »
Show them what us "Yanks" can do!!!!
NRA, Buckmaster, NWTF Member
'09 Eastern Anniversary Party
'10 NE Anniversary Party
'10 Old Spanish Fort Hunt TH Hog Hunt
'11 Treasure Hill Outfitters Turkey Hunt
'11 & '12 Summer Blast, Pennyrile SP, KY
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 03:22:38 PM »
Good shooting fella's!!! @--0--0123
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 05:01:01 PM »
sounds like sporting clays w/ rifles. sign me up!!!!!!!!
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 07:05:13 PM »
Sounds like some fine shooting...keep up the good work!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

New Page 3

Google Ad