New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Dutch Hunter's NZ Adventure Day 1  (Read 805 times)

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
Dutch Hunter's NZ Adventure Day 1
« on: March 26, 2013, 11:03:32 PM »
Due to technical difficulties and security issues that Dutch will be experiencing during his NZ Stag hunt, I will be posting his adventures for him as I receive them. I hope that you all will follow along and enjoy his exciting trip with him.

Thanks to all for the well wishes and prayers. Iíve given up trying to figure out the time differences.Iíll use the dates and times from my time zone at home unless otherwise noted. We crossed the dateline and Iím too old to figure it out so Iíll just leave the computer and other equipment on my old time and date. Gee does this mean I aged a whole day already? I think noon today at home is 5:00 AM tomorrow here but Iím not sure and very confused (imagine that). I quit! The suns up so itís daytime!
During the flight Ed the chaperone in charge of security helped me figure out a way to keep you all updated. I asked for Gutshotís help and he agreed. Thanks Gut. Iím only allowed to use my IPís web-mail address so Iíll send the updates and pics to Gut for posting.
Day1: March 25 7:30 AM; I picked up my hunting buddy on the way to the airport. Heís going to store my truck at his house until we return then come pick me up. We were met at the freight gate by Billís chaperones and just drove right on in after showing our ID.
We got off safely. The flight was for the most part uneventful with just a couple of ďbad airĒ situations encountered. We made it to Hawaii for fuel (pic #1 waiting for the truck), and then continued onto NZ. Fairly uneventful just a few bumps here and there. I was able to get a few laughs at Mr. Billís expense on the way here. I jokingly told him for the money he stuck in this crate it should ride smoother. Drew put me into the right seat for a while and I did some ďno handsĒ flying. I was able to get some napping in. We watched some stag videos on the big screen in pic 2.
Arrived in NZ at 9:45 PM our time, 3:45 PM the next day in NZ (still confused); We relaxed in the plane while waiting for our outfitters to arrive. Bill called them before we touched down. The weather is warm 64*, sunny and nice gentle breeze. The crew arrived at 6:00; Ed and I accompanied our gear in the trucks and were taken to camp. The helicopter came in to take Bill, Ron (Billís bodyguard) and Drew to the camp. I believe I have already mentioned I HATE copters! So I opted for a place in a truck. Tomorrow (or is it today?), weíre going to town for some last minute shopping and looking around. Ron, was not real happy about this but he agreed. Then on Thursday I finally get to go to the range and start shooting. The range opens at 8:00 AM NZ time so I will be able to get a lot of work done by the end of the day. Iím first going to concentrate on the guns for wallaby hunting which is set up for this coming weekend.
I think I got the time thing figured out, itís 2:30 PM #/27 here so it should be 8:30 PM 3/26 back home. OH well it is what it is! Iím tired.
Iíll take some pics of our lodging and area scenery as soon as the range work is done.
Thank you again for your help Gut.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
Dutch Hunter's NZ Adventure Day 1
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 11:48:25 PM »
Glad you're on the ground and safe. I can see the wallabies scattering now. Can't wait to hear more. Have fun!
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline BeaglePup

Re: Dutch Hunter's NZ Adventure Day 1
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 05:25:23 AM »
 --9-908

All that flying and time zone changes confused me too when I was down under in 1980 but I flew commercial.......
NRA, Buckmaster, NWTF Member
'09 Eastern Anniversary Party
'10 NE Anniversary Party
'10 Old Spanish Fort Hunt TH Hog Hunt
'11 Treasure Hill Outfitters Turkey Hunt
'11 & '12 Summer Blast, Pennyrile SP, KY
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • taken around time HG and I were married
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 06:04:42 AM »
Sounds like a fun trip,  looking forward to seeing more photos
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 09:11:35 AM »
Glad you had a safe fight. Let The Fun Begin.

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 09:21:27 AM »
A safe flight is a good thing, I cant wait to hear about the hunting.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »
glad the bumps weren't too bad. good luck shooting em up
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BubbaBrown

• Life is good at The Deer Camp!
    • The Deer Camp
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 06:07:37 PM »
That's a nice ride that y'all flew in, beats business class! Windage and elevation.
Semi-Retired & Over the Hill

2009 TalkHunting Sportsman of the Year
www.thedeercamp.com
2009 TALK HUNTING WILD GAME COOK-OFF CHAMPION
Cpl. USMC 1970-1972, MOS 6064, Parachute Rigger

New Page 3

Google Ad