New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Does anyone own a Massimo UTV  (Read 85059 times)

Offline Robert Rose

• 6 Point
Re: Does anyone own a Massimo UTV
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 10:03:02 PM »
Ride was ok, Never really got it on any rough terrain so not sure how it would be in a pasture. Go to your Tractor Supply and tell them you want a test drive and go find a curb to jump.
Robert Rose
Stephenville, Texas
COCORAHS Station  TX-ER-4 & TX-CMN-3

Offline fishstuffer

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 08:45:53 AM »
BubbaBrown, there are only 2 repair shops and both are 30 miles or more away. But like I said the one I talked said they are good machines if taken care of properly.  All I know is I'm not rough on things and take care of them and I don't have 12 grand, I will sell my quad first and see how much I can get for it for a down payment on a loan and go from there. The thing is I don't really see anything online that people are saying there junk with just a few minor issues that could happen to any brand of UTV. One of my friends has a ranger and it seams like every year he is fixing something on it. I will never buy a ranger for that reason. At one point he was getting water in the oil  and finally figured that out after a couple years.

I'm still going to keep doing research before I buy. I'll call a couple other service places to get their opinion too.

Offline cobrican

• 12 Point
    • Sawyer Consulting LLC
Does anyone own a Massimo UTV
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 09:18:42 AM »
Look up bennche utv's
Sawyer Consulting LLC
Consultant for hunting Properties
Forestry & Wildlife Management
-Licensed Commercial Applicator
-Friend to TH Members
-Promotional Marketing for hunting companies
www.sawyerconsultingllc.com
Blue Collar Decoys; Gulf region sales rep

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 09:07:46 AM »
Got a flyer today with Rural King's UTV in it. You can get an online rebate on it if you buy it next week. The rebate comes in the form of a gift card but at least it is money you can use for later purchases. It's a 12% rebate which adds up to a $960 gift card.

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 09:28:05 AM »
They look nice.

here is a link to there website
http://www.massimomotor.com/home.php
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »
I can not find anywhere on there site what there top speed is?
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline AaronS

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • Prepper Community
  • 12 Point
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 10:20:19 AM »
A couple of things I'll be keeping in mind when I'm ready to purchase:

First, as mentioned above, is the ability to get parts.  In conjunction with parts, is service.  It's sounds from posts above that sometimes it's difficult to find mechanics or shops that are authorized to work on these units.

Another post above mentioned that these units are $7499 while an equally equipped Polaris would be $12,000.  I checked and if we compare apples to apples (Ranger 500), the Polaris MSRP starts at $9299.  A dealer may be able to beat that by a little but probably not much.  Throw in a top, windshield and winch like the Massimo and you're around $10,000.  So about $2500 above the Massimo.

That's a lot of money, money that could be used for other things, but when it comes to large purchases, I ask myself, "what is reliability and peace of mind worth?"  While $10,000 is a huge purchase, so is $7499.  I have a local Kubota dealer that I've dealt with for many years that is also a big Polaris dealer.  I know that I'd never have any problem getting parts and great service from them if I'd need it, although the vast majority of reviews I've read on the Ranger 500 lead me to believe that I would need neither very often because they are very reliable.  The Rural Kings and TSC's I've been to don't have service departments, and I don't have that same comfort level with them.  If I'm ever in a position to buy a UTV, and these circumstances don't change, I know which one I'll go with.  Not only do I get peace of mind with the Polaris, but I also like that 3 people can ride on their bench seat, vs. 2 people in most other brands.
If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.
1 cross + 3 nails = 4given

NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
QDMA Member

www.santapawspetpark.com

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 05:32:47 PM »
 Resale value is something to consider too. The polaris 500 is Fuel Injected  and a proven engine. My polaris 500 EFI runs great all the way up to 11,000 feet in the Colorado mountians.  Buy the Polaris.

Offline Tmar13

• Fawn
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 05:40:42 PM »
Well, I just joined this group and one of the topics that majorly caught my attention was someone was thinking about buying a Massimo 700, BUYER BEWARE!!! I bought a BRAND new Massimo 700 Alligator in June of 2015 and have trouble since the first time I took it out. Overheated 6 out of the 7 times in the shop. I have not had a chance to take the unit out since I've purchased it. It's been in the shop for the seventh time! It is currently in there as I am writing this and it's been in for 2 1/2 months waiting on an O ring! The company and customer service is horrible. They think they are not responsible for this piece of junk! I too thought it was a great deal but I would have spent a little more money and went with a reputable company if only I had known! It takes weeks into months just to get parts and more and more dealers are not selling them anymore so it makes it hard to find someone to work on them. I had to go to BBB, the attorney general and theTDMV to apply for  help because I purchased a lemon. It's been a nightmare. Do your homework on this company! I wish I had

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 06:36:37 PM »
I was contemplating between a gas powered UTV and an electric golf cart, mostly for around the home place.  I have an Arctic Cat 4WD ATV which I've had for years, but wife & youngest daughter don't like running it & want something for gardening etc at home.  Bought a used Arctic Cat 700 about 18 months ago, thinking I'd probably sell my ATV, but after running it for a while, I'm going to hang on to my ATV.  While the UTV has a better top speed (about 52) and more towing capacity, when I'm out hunting or scouting, the ATV is much more nimble in the woods.  Snort's question about top speed is a good one - there are huge variations in that across the UTV makes & models, so if it's important to you, ask those questions for sure.  For me it's really just a coincidence that I've bought two Arctic Cats in a row, but I have no complaints with them.  Bought both of them used, & feel I got a great deal both times, but you have to be patient & wait for a good buy on the machine you're looking for.  If it's just to ride & haul reasonable loads in at moderate speeds, one of the lower priced brands will probably suit you just fine, but if you're going to work it hard and look for high performance, my advice would be to start searching the used market for a deal on a name brand machine that hasn't been abused.  Besides my Arctic Cats, I've owned Hondas and Suzukis too (every one of them used) and was happy with them also.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2016, 08:33:21 AM »
Thank you for your input, this is always helpful. Everyone should do their research on any investment they make prior to shelling out the cash. I'm sorry you had to go through all of the hassle. Keep us updated on what help you were able to get and when you are able to ride again. Welcome to TalkHunting, glad to have you Tmar13.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2016, 08:55:46 AM »
Welcome to TalkHunting Tmar.  I've heard other similar stories about this company.  I feel in general any of the china made machines would be a risky purchase.  My dad was going to buy one from Tractor supply.  He called me on his way to the store, trailer in tow, all excited about getting his new Massimo side by side.  I talked him out of it!  One week later he was the proud owner of a clean used Polaris Ranger and has been happy with it.  He has told me many times he is glad I talked him out of the Massimo.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2016, 10:21:13 AM »
We ran into a guy using one a year or so ago while ice fishing.   He seemed to like it but said the ride was REALLY rough as it did not have independent suspension.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline KINGOWISH

• Invite Only
  • 7 Point
  • Deer Hunter---Landowner-BEAR CREEK Hunting Lodge
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2016, 10:19:15 AM »
I too have the Cub Cadet Volunteer UTV. While it was more expensive  but I did get it with zero % financing.I have had it for approx 5 yrs or so and no issues yet.The dump box is all metal which is a plus and it has the two inch receiver.
QDMA,NRA,SCOPE ,MEMBER.Retired in March of 2014 after 30 yrs in Law Enf.

Offline aleronono1

• Fawn
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2017, 09:27:59 PM »
 @--0--0126 :'( These are junk. Mine has barely been run, never hard. I am handicapped and was having trouble getting on and off my Honda foreman. I thought this would be a great machine. I had it in the shop after one month for an oil leak. It had never left my yard. Just got it back again. Wouldn't start. Still having trouble starting and keeping running. Already paid over $100 for nothing. Nearest shop is over an hour away and they have a hard time getting parts. If you buy one of these get the lifetime warranty with it. You will need it. I didn't know about it until it broke down the second time. DO NOT RECOMMEND!

New Page 3

Google Ad