New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Ground Blind Set up's  (Read 416 times)

Offline steve7253

• Fawn
Ground Blind Set up's
« on: March 13, 2013, 07:13:22 AM »
Steve’s Strategies, turkey time blind sets. During both spring and fall, I like to set my blinds on the edges of timber and open fields as early as possible. I want the birds to get use to them. Often they will roost very close. They just seem to prefer to fly down into open areas, such as pastures, rather than woods or brush. Often birds will wing great distances to a preferred landing zone. I will set up my decoys so they can see them both from the roost and across the open fields. Birds landing right in the decoys are not uncommon. I also like to have a blind or two set up in my food plots for the late morning hunts. Occasionally I find a blind location that is ideal for both deer and turkeys, such as a wood’s line scrape. Those spots require, deserve, extra attention and scrutiny. More ground blind Tips, Secrets and Must have Equipment are available at www.galenaoutdoorproducts.com

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Ground Blind Set up's
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 12:39:21 AM »
You know as far as turkeys go as long as you setup before they get to your blind , even in the middle of a field they really pay no attention to it , movement on the other hand will send them all running . 
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

New Page 3

Google Ad