New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Been a While!  (Read 396 times)

Offline MichaelJ83

• Spike
Been a While!
« on: February 05, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »
Hey guys good evening, Its been a while, I started a new job and moved to a new apartment and got a new car I have been insanely busy!! and well it feels good to get back on here!! we just ended Deer season up here on the 31, now I cant wait till Spring Turkey! Was just wondering what some of your spring gobbler tactics are... what kind of calls you use, you use decoys? blind hunt? Bow or Shotgun and also what kind of Camo you use for keeping ticks away and etc... Look forward to hearing from you all!!!  -0078 @--0--0109
1 Timothy 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

NAHC Member
NAFC Member
Field & Stream Member
Scout Look Member
Stuff Stuff Field Tester
Bow & Muzzleloader Hunter

Offline Duane72

• 14 Point Droptine
Re: Been a While!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 08:03:03 AM »
Good luck keeping the ticks away around here! I just do a REALLY thorough tick check when I get to my truck then a strip down when I get home. Little buggers are unbelievable.
I blind hunted with my boy last year but I do a lot of sitting at field edges and against trees when I'm on my own. We can bring the blind or open hunt either one when we hit state land this spring! I have a hen and a jake decoy both but rarely use the jake.
USAF Veteran
Bow, Shotgun, & Muzzleloader Hunter
Acts 10:13 "...Get up, Peter, kill and eat!"
Proverbs 12:27 "...the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt."

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • one cold day
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:51:24 AM »
Glad your back Michael, I use mouth calls but my vest holds most calls that you would use from slate to box call, I do use decoys mainly hens in the spring and maybe a jake to make big boy mad  ;D  , and I started using socks from elimatick and I know they make pants and other items....we dont have real tick problems where I hunt   yet    but we do have them.  Elimatick is a little expensive but I did get the socks and their is a spray (if I was Home) I forgot the name but it works well,  it is more expensive than the cheaper brand but it works well.....Good Luck @--0--0118     I think possum knows the name I got it at a Dick's store
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 05:07:38 PM »
welcome back. I can't wait for turkey season either. I use mouth calls and pot calls both are made by Woodhaven mostly. I don't use a blind unless I'm hunting with a kid. I use a Mossberg 695 bolt action 12ga and 5x6x7 Nitro shells. I will scout the area I'm going to hunt and try and roost the birds then i go in and try to get close. If that ain't happen and I have enough room to roam i do until I get a gobble. Ticks good luck I use Sawyer clothes spray on all my clothes and do a close inspection when I leave the woods and strip and shower at home. Good luck to all.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

New Page 3

Google Ad