New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Could use some quik help  (Read 569 times)

Offline growalot

• 2014/15 Whitetail Deer Championship Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Could use some quik help
« on: February 03, 2013, 10:56:05 AM »
From southern members...In-laws took a trip in an RV to Texas...When in Tennessee they called and Duh it dawned on me...your seed is a tad cheaper than ours.... Especially climbing soybeans( which DANG name escapes me) but you know...any how could I get some places and prices in Texas(Keller area) or near by states they may travel through to get back home...

I need to get their itinerary but in the mean time any idea...Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 01:11:25 PM by growalot »

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Could use some quik help
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 04:06:12 PM »
if we are on the same page, they are called forage beans. a lot of seeds are regions specific. make sure they will grow in you area.

good luck
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • taken around time HG and I were married
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 05:49:24 PM »
As yari says be sure they will grow in your area, a lot of seeds have regional varieties
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Offline Robert Rose

• 6 Point
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 09:18:14 PM »
Growalot
check out Turner Seeds. www.turnerseed.com They are located in Breckenridge Texas south west of DFW Metroplex area.
Robert Rose
Stephenville, Texas
COCORAHS Station  TX-ER-4 & TX-CMN-3

Offline growalot

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 10:50:44 PM »
Thanks and it's actually Eagle brand forage seed...What prices are you paying down that way? and I know they are sold in regional blends...but can make those arrangements as well if I can find some places that sell and I can get the price...

Offline growalot

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 10:57:46 PM »
Robert thanks for the link ut didn't see what I was looking for other than...Holy Cow..last fall 1.20# for purple tops....we pay 4.00 #

Offline growalot

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 08:36:35 AM »
Dang...just called and looks like over 7 dollars a # for turnips here and 70 for regular RR soybeans...really need to get a source between Texas and NY..on there route

Ya Robert...getting them to go out of their way...I don't see happening...Need to find some place closer or right on the travel route..Thanks though...I found one place in Keller but the only seed they had was a grain /pea mix 35.00 50#

Offline Snortweeze

• Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 09:14:04 AM »
Eagle seed has some.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline growalot

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 09:45:48 AM »
Yes I've been on the phone with them already...81.00 pic up at the door...and turnips 2.00 a pound.....Just getting the in-laws to travel that way is the thing...I contacted our local dealer and due to shipping cost and low sales they will not carry them any longer...

Thinking due to WTI having free ground shipping now I may go with the power plant...put in buckwheat early spring and till in for a July planting of that...and well now that regular PT costs the same here as the WTI tall tines...I'll be better off putting those in as my fall planting...if I can't get the in laws to Eagle seed...I'd be better off buying a 50# bag of turnips down there and let them bring it up here...I'd keep what I need and sell the rest..it would pay for all my plantings...lol

problem with the power plant is I'm having an issue with night shade...with round up beans I can spray...power plant no...making the problem worse..

Offline foodplot19

• 8 Point
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 11:16:20 AM »
We have a local dealer here in Clinton MO called Miller Seed. They are very competitive on prices. They have a website.
Class of 88
Journeyman Lineman 17 years
Love to spend time outside with the wife and kiddos
Proud to say everything on or with my bow is MADE IN USA!!! Mathews Switchback XT
Constant boredom interspersed with moments of shear terror!!
Team Backstrap Obsession 14'-15' Whitetail Championship

Offline growalot

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 11:31:50 AM »
Thanks ..I think I'm going to play it safe....doing a ton of research and finding a lot of out of stock signs for spring seed plantings...Our local dealer just laughed and said they aren't even thinking about spring orders yet...same thing happened last year...well snooze loose...he could get several things...AAhhh NYS...You'd think with and Charles and Neil starting out here we'd be in better shape...any ways the WTI order is going in now...Thanks

New Page 3

Google Ad