New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: fletching tool  (Read 823 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
fletching tool
« on: January 01, 2013, 03:11:41 PM »
i think i'm going to start fletching my arrows. the shop is charging $3 an arrow now. that's crazy

i'm looking for a fletcher that will fletch left and right helical. i currently need left helical because my broadheads have a slight left helical to them. i tried right and the arrows fly poorly.

any suggestions/ recommendations? what can i expect to pay

what about glue? any beeter than others?

thx for the help
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline NWIAdeerhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Matthews z7 magnum, remington .270 bdl, TC Triumph
Re: fletching tool
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 04:25:16 PM »
a Good fletcher I would have no idea, I take mine to scheels and the guys in there don't charge me so I have never really looked into buying one.  As far as glue goes, I personally like using fast set glue,  The stuff is like concrete, don't need a lot of it, and it sets really fast, less then 30 seconds I would say.  Good luck finding a fletching tool!
tank of gas: $50
hunting licence: $190
ammo: $20
getting to spend time with family and hunting buddies: priceless

Offline yari

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 07:38:08 PM »
a Good fletcher I would have no idea, I take mine to scheels and the guys in there don't charge me so I have never really looked into buying one.  As far as glue goes, I personally like using fast set glue,  The stuff is like concrete, don't need a lot of it, and it sets really fast, less then 30 seconds I would say.  Good luck finding a fletching tool!

how do you rate? free fletching is tough if not impossible to find. nice work
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MWG Carolina

• 6 Point
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 07:13:28 AM »
Yari idk of a jig that will do right and left. There may be one out there. I use a blazer jig about 50 bucks

Offline NWIAdeerhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Matthews z7 magnum, remington .270 bdl, TC Triumph
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 09:09:55 AM »

how do you rate? free fletching is tough if not impossible to find. nice work

I think they do a really good job in there,  The problem is most of the time they are too busy so it takes a couple days to get them back,  They are supposed to charge a buck an arrow, so even if they would charge me its not that bad.
tank of gas: $50
hunting licence: $190
ammo: $20
getting to spend time with family and hunting buddies: priceless

Offline Duane72

• 14 Point Droptine
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 12:47:17 PM »
USAF Veteran
Bow, Shotgun, & Muzzleloader Hunter
Acts 10:13 "...Get up, Peter, kill and eat!"
Proverbs 12:27 "...the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt."

Offline yari

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 07:23:42 PM »
Did you find what you needed yari??

http://reviews.ebay.com/Picking-the-Right-Fletching-Jig-Bitzenburger?ugid=10000000006869405

i priced it all out and figured it was easier and cheaper to have the shop fletch them. i don't go through many arrows. i've had the same dozen for years. if i go on a rampage, a buddy has an industrial bitzenberger from when he owned a shop that i can use. it was a good learning experience and an eye opener. i got sticker shock big time
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad