New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Heli-M  (Read 721 times)

Offline capttrae

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • Mag Staff Writer
Heli-M
« on: November 27, 2012, 01:05:18 AM »
I was wondering if any of y'all have any experience w/ the new Mathews Heli-M. I'm thing about upgrading to a newer Mathews I'm thinking about the Heli-M, but not sure yet. Just looking for yalls experience w/ it

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
Heli-M
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 08:30:47 AM »
I have not seen it yet. My Mathews guy went out of business earlier this year. I used to go shoot all the new bows there. I still have my Drenalin which is still my favorite bow I've ever had in my hands.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline ligpd

• 10 Point
Re: Heli-M
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 11:30:50 AM »
I have shot one some at the shop. Very nice bow, however, I will stay with my Z-7 extreme.

To me, and this is just my 2 cents, it just felt as if the bow wants to jump forward with the shot, very very slight, but that's what I felt. Still very nice bow, just not my taste.

Offline NWIAdeerhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Matthews z7 magnum, remington .270 bdl, TC Triumph
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 12:42:58 PM »
The Heli'm is a great bow.  I have shot it but didn't upgrade because I just upgraded last year.  It has a solid back wall which is nice so you don't get the slop at full draw.  Its extremely lightweight and fairly fast.  I would go shoot it if an archery shop around you still has one.  mathews just came out with the new models for this coming year already too so I would shoot them as well.  their motto this year was keep it simple, the bows aren't as fast, but still top of the line IMO.  Good luck and let us know what you decide!
tank of gas: $50
hunting licence: $190
ammo: $20
getting to spend time with family and hunting buddies: priceless

Offline Konk

• 2010 Dec Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
When I bought my new bow in the spring it came down the the Heli-m and the Bowtech Invasion. The Heli-m I shot belonged to the tech at the bow shop, he had it for about a week and let me shoot it. Very nice is all I can say. His had the narrower rubber grip on it which I really liked rather that the wider wooden grip that comes with most Mathews bows. Very smooth draw cycle. You wouldn't be disappointed with this bow. BTW I bought the Invasion, just felt better all around to me.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:41:04 PM by Konk »
Konk

Member;
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association
Sticks N Limbs Camo Pro Staff

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!

New Page 3

Google Ad