New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: spring has sprung  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Duane72

• 14 Point Droptine
spring has sprung
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:58:14 AM »
Well, the spring turk season is officially over for us Rhode Islanders. I did not get back out after the day my son took his bird, so I closed the season turkeys-1 Duane-0. This season was all about my boy anyway and with his first bird I would call it a great success! But the fall turkey season is only a few months away so they had best watch out.  ;D
USAF Veteran
Bow, Shotgun, & Muzzleloader Hunter
Acts 10:13 "...Get up, Peter, kill and eat!"
Proverbs 12:27 "...the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt."

Offline 5114TX

• Sept/11 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
  • Never squat with your spurs on!!
Re: spring has sprung
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 08:12:25 AM »
Getting one for your son made it a successful season, Duane!!    Hopefully you'll have a big ol' tom walk right in front of you this fall and you can seal the deal!    A day afield beats a day in the office any time!!   Glad you were able to get out there and have a chance at one anyway.    I haven't even made it out once this year for turks.
They're ALL trophies...it's just that some are bigger than others!
      NRA member
"Lord, give me patience.....'cause if You give me strength, I'm gonna need bail money to go with it"!
      47 years, in pursuit!
Team "Non-typical"   '13 TH  DHC

Offline JALA RUT

• Sept. 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • 2013 Bow Harvest
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 08:17:27 AM »
Congrats for your son...Makes for a GREAT Season!
2014/15 Deer Hunting Championship Team#18; Buck Dynasty
Hunt Safe, Hunt Hard, Hunt Ethically and Have Fun!

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 08:19:47 AM »
i like to shoot turkeys, but getting to see kids shoot one is much more fun. nice work of your son's bird
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 09:07:08 AM »
What an awesome season for you guys. Getting your son's first bird and building memories, man it gets no better than that..... @--0--0123

Great picture!!!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline ligpd

• 10 Point
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM »
Like everyone else has already said, I bet this is one of your best season's you have had. I hope you have many more to come hunting with your kid(s).

Offline Two Tales

• 7 Point
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 08:50:26 AM »
our season offically ends at noon tomorrow...have only been able to get out 2 times, took "Li'l Girl" both times and had a ball..she did have one coming in last Sat..but he wasn't gobbling at us (which would have been too cool) going in the morning for our last chance...I would have gone out more but with the pain from the arthritis and the damp weather..it was just too much for me...even on the good days it hurts..so this season has been all about getting that child hooked on the turkle byrds...I think it worked

TT @--0--0107
USN Ret.
LM DAV
LM NRA
Chief Istructor CE/FS
ADC BSA
Fox Patrol, Tr 1 Gilwell, NE-142
from the ragged rim on the edge of reality.....

Offline Duane72

• 14 Point Droptine
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 09:02:07 AM »
our season offically ends at noon tomorrow...have only been able to get out 2 times, took "Li'l Girl" both times and had a ball..she did have one coming in last Sat..but he wasn't gobbling at us (which would have been too cool) going in the morning for our last chance...I would have gone out more but with the pain from the arthritis and the damp weather..it was just too much for me...even on the good days it hurts..so this season has been all about getting that child hooked on the turkle byrds...I think it worked

TT @--0--0107

It has been damp for sure! Sorry to hear about it affecting your pain so much. This month has been so wet... I think our April showers came in late this year.
USAF Veteran

Offline Two Tales

• 7 Point
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 09:48:51 AM »
well we ended up birdless for the season...son was using my other car to go visiting Friday night and someone slashed the tires...got the call at 6 am...cops wouldn't even come out to check it out...spent until well after 10 trying to get the car towed to the house...Grand daughter was kind disappointed but she understands things like this happen, so opening day this fall she'll be ready....she also said we have to go squirrel hunting...as soon as it opens...just before she left to go to her Girly Sleep Over...she asked if we could go fishing on Monday....if she aint doing something outside...range, fishing or in the woods she aint happy...love that child @--0--0118 @--0--0118

TT @--0--0107
USN Ret.
LM DAV
LM NRA
Chief Istructor CE/FS
ADC BSA
Fox Patrol, Tr 1 Gilwell, NE-142
from the ragged rim on the edge of reality.....

Offline Duane72

• 14 Point Droptine
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 04:29:27 PM »
well we ended up birdless for the season...son was using my other car to go visiting Friday night and someone slashed the tires...got the call at 6 am...cops wouldn't even come out to check it out...spent until well after 10 trying to get the car towed to the house...Grand daughter was kind disappointed but she understands things like this happen, so opening day this fall she'll be ready....she also said we have to go squirrel hunting...as soon as it opens...just before she left to go to her Girly Sleep Over...she asked if we could go fishing on Monday....if she aint doing something outside...range, fishing or in the woods she aint happy...love that child @--0--0118 @--0--0118

TT @--0--0107

Sounds like she'll be a ture hunting lady Two Tales! Sorry about the car.  :(
USAF Veteran

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 09:27:46 PM »
Duane, I think your season was a success.  Creating special times with your kids is great, and you accomplished that.  I have only gotten out 4 times this season, and I'm still birdless.  My season ends next thursday, so I'm planning on going out tuesday, but I know it's going to be tough this late in the year.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

New Page 3

Google Ad