New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Sat.'s report  (Read 763 times)

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
Sat.'s report
« on: May 15, 2012, 12:50:12 PM »
I hunted all day Sat the 12th. I worked 2 birds in the morning early off the roost- no takers- At 7:00am I got a gobble across a planted corn field- I couild geton his side so I set up and called and he answered. I'm working this guy for 30 mins but he will not cross that field so I'm sitting there figuring my plan to get over to his side when a pick up pulls into the field and drives right down the edge in front of me!! The looks right at me and keeps driving to the end of the hedge roww I was sitting in makes a left and ends up on the the farm road right behind me! He then drives back out to the road and goes on his way. I am sitting there with my mouth hung open in wonderment. So I leave that farm and tried  several others but no luck-- I did kill 67 ticks that morning. The afternoon hunt was hot and I got not takers or gobbles but I did bag 32 more ticks!! I had fun anyhow. I got to call the guy who owns the first farm today and find out what the story is with the road hunter.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Sat.'s report
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 01:34:29 PM »
Sounds like a fun morning other than the truck...Stay after them Bluetoe, glad to hear you becoming proficient in tick killing 101.... @--0--0105
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline capttrae

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • Mag Staff Writer
Sat.'s report
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 01:53:32 PM »
Sry to hear abt the truck but u ate working on them ticks. Anyway you look at it, it's always good to get out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline foxhunter126

• 10 Point
  • Foxhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 02:24:40 PM »
Man I am glad we don't have those ticks up here!!  Not yet anyway.
Foxhunter
Eat,Sleep,Hunt
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Wild Turkey Federation
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Region 8 Fish and Wildlife Board (retired)
Executive Committee NYS Fish and Wildlife Board (retired)

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • one cold day
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 02:29:02 PM »
sounds like u had a few working, I haven't been able to get out past 2 days but I'm coming to Baltimore till Monday 21st then i'll be able to hunt again that week @--0--0118
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

Offline yari

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 02:50:03 PM »
i'm not a big fan of road hunting. some folks do it around me for grouse and deer. not to offend anyone that likes to do it, but it's a lazy man's way to hunt. plus, you don't get to enjoy any nature.

sorry to hear about that blue. better luck next time. maybe you could make some woodtick muffins. kinda look like blueberries when you heat them
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 03:27:54 PM »
Some people just don't have any respect for the outdoors. At least you are hearing some gobblers. I hate ticks!!!! @--0--0101
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 05:19:42 PM »
I am going back on Thursday to kill that gobbler. I found out the guy in the truck was the owners brother in law who was, at the owners request, driving down everyday to run the turkeys off the field until the corn got up high enough that they would not eat it!!!! The owner forgot to tell him I was hunting Sat. --099-780 --099-780 I feel better that it wasn't some random drive by.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

New Page 3

Google Ad