New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Are you kidding!!!  (Read 629 times)

Offline growalot

• 2014/15 Whitetail Deer Championship Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Are you kidding!!!
« on: May 05, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »
So I took my fan over to the barn to hang...I let the hot dry air and flies clean around the quills and hang it by the two end feathers so it dries as a fan...I had put my beard in the garage on a piece of Styrofoam...and dang if something didn't steal it!! If that doesn't beat all @--0--0122 :(...nice beard too...Mr B said it has to be that deer mouse living there....it comes out when he is working and watches him...poor Jade has been yelled at for being a lazy cat...lol

Offline BeaglePup

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Are you kidding!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 06:10:46 AM »
Oh yes it is surprising on what my cats will not chase any more.  I have found that mice do like to steel and chew turkey beards!!
NRA, Buckmaster, NWTF Member
'09 Eastern Anniversary Party
'10 NE Anniversary Party
'10 Old Spanish Fort Hunt TH Hog Hunt
'11 Treasure Hill Outfitters Turkey Hunt
'11 & '12 Summer Blast, Pennyrile SP, KY
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline Huntinggrandma

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Me when I was in uniform, for wedding annoucement
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 06:51:15 AM »
yes, some cats are death on mice, others will not even try to catch them
A life member of NRA
NY lifetime Sportmen License holder
US Army WAC vet 62-68 SP5

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 08:34:33 AM »
That's a bummer!  I take my turkey fans and pin it down on a large piece of cardboard after deboning and scraping the fat off the tail.  then I put Boraxo on the fleshy part and let it sit until it dries out.  The boraxo preserves the skin and keeps it from smelling.  Some people say you should let it dry a minimum of 4 weeks.  I do the same with the beard, except there is no reason to pin it.  All this is done in a storage room in the basement, where I can close the door, and keep our cats out of it.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

New Page 3

Google Ad