New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Back early....  (Read 630 times)

Offline growalot

• 2014/15 Whitetail Deer Championship Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Back early....
« on: May 05, 2012, 08:04:53 AM »
So I get to my spot....just off a gully with running water and not far from a plowed field on neighbors land...set up against a massive red oak facing away from fields to catch anything coming up through our woods heading for the gully and field...I have a Jake over a squatting hen..Alright...then a flash catches my eye...and there is a guy across the gully right on the edge of the field 200yrds away...OK...then my woods light up and I look around the oak and there's a guy up in the farmers field with a LED spot light scanning my woods and the tree tops...Stinking great!!! who the Blazes does that?...So I let out a cough and now he's shining in my direction....it's actually light enough for me to see he's in full camo with a turkey vest on....light goes out and in a little bit I see movement ..turn to see he's walking the fields edge headed for the other hunter...all goes quiet and it's now light enough to do a fly down and cackle with the wing I brought....I hear.... a long the ridge on neighbors property cuts and cackles and think it's the hunters but then 200yrds away to my left front...behind the area the hunters are in..... I see blk movement...so I'm intently watching to see where they go....No where..... 3 birds and in one tiny patch of woods those three scratch and chase each other and scratch for 45min!!...I did some calls and not even a head popped up...then they all turned tail and fly down onto our place...I waited to see a hunter come through....but hour later...I see a guy walking the field edge headed for the next road over...later heard the truck leave...45 min in an area the size of my dinning room table  ##$%#1119 ...well then ole ma nature reared her ugly head...so... home I am ...but heading back out for the 9:30 group

Offline ligpd

• 10 Point
Re: Back early....
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 11:09:14 AM »
It seems sometimes you just have to grin at other "hunters" ways of doing things. I know it doesn't help, BUT

Best of luck latter today.

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 12:15:03 PM »
Never heard of "shining" turkeys.  Incidents like that sorta leave a bad taste in your mouth, doesn't it?
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline growalot

• 2014/15 Whitetail Deer Championship Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 02:01:34 PM »
Yes it does and shining in woods lined with posted signs...just wait until they fly down in the field for crying out loud @--0--0127...but what really bugged me was those three turkeys scratching and chasing each other in that tiny little area for 45 minutes!....I prefer not having corn fed turkeys in the spring @--0--0122

The first light I assumed was a heads up..... I'm hear...for I walked right into a group of bedded deer...they split.... one above and one below me snorted so I answered with a stomp snort and everything calmed down and they walked away...instead of blowing through the woods...I assumed they may have heard this on their way in thus the little flash light..but a spot light @--0--0127

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 03:34:08 PM »
Thats the reason i don't like to hunt weekends----too many nuts in the woods!!! Better luck next time!! @--0--0101
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

New Page 3

Google Ad