New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: This party ain't over with yet!  (Read 1346 times)

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
This party ain't over with yet!
« on: April 25, 2012, 10:58:30 AM »
Make the trek back to Winston County as a spectator-caller-buddy and the wind was awful once again....  But managed to walk right in on top of a bird gobblin a little bit.   We eased down the hill and was within 80 yards of the bird and I "who cooks for you" at him and he gobbled, then shut up... We waited for a while then I called to him.. nothing... waited a little bit longer and called again, this time increasing the volume...nothing.   After debating on what on earth to do we decided to make a move. As I stood up I owled one more time and YAAA! basically right under the tree the bird was roosted in... When I owled this time I guess I fired up another owl or three and they commenced to hooting and hollering and making all kinds of rucus in the woods and that really made Mr. Tom angry, he was gobbling at every owl sound around. He was over the ridge now and we started making our move since he was gobblin every 2 seconds at the real owls hooting. and we got to about 60 yards on the other side of the ridge and set down.  I called and immediately a hen started squalking back at me and soon she popped over the hill looking for us.  Well I dropped my mouth call out of my mouth by accident and whispered to Chase that he was on his own now and he told me ok.  I was purely spectating at this point.  He called softly and the hen started our way and then there he was. Ole blue and red head himself.  He was drumming and drumming and drumming.  He was right at the sixty yard mark and Chase had let his dad use his killing gun so he had one that hadn't been patterend ever! We watched that bird strut and drum and strut and strut for 20 minutes in one spot.  Finally he started easing down the hill but was going to end up going away from us before he cracked the 40 yard mark, so I told Chase he was gonna have to try him.  He cleared a tree and Chase putted at him and he ran his head up and BLAM!!!!  Turkey flopped to the ground and Chase struck out after him.  Once he got to him he had to stand on his head forever because he only had one pellet in the turkeys neck... I stepped it off and it was 55 yards with a unpatterend gun.  Not bad for the final Bama wrap up.  Turkey was a two year old with 9 inch beard and 3/4 inch spurs.

Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline red28

• Apr/11 Prize Winner
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • "AIM SMALL MISS SMALL"
Re: This party ain't over with yet!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 11:08:32 AM »

CONGRATS AND WAY TO GO GOOD WRAP UP!
Mossy Oak Pro-staff
NRA Life Member

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 12:00:52 PM »
sounds like a great morning. congrats
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline bugfixer

• Administrator
  • 12 Point
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 12:55:12 PM »
Awesome!! I am heading back to Pine Apple this weekend. Hoping to put one more bird on the ground before the season goes out.

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 12:56:35 PM »
glad you got it             note to self patter gun   
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 01:09:14 PM »
Awesome!! I am heading back to Pine Apple this weekend. Hoping to put one more bird on the ground before the season goes out.

Good luck to ya!!!  Hang with em and yall should whack one!
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline ligpd

• 10 Point
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 01:10:49 PM »
Congrats. I love good endings

Offline Possum

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 01:13:47 PM »
Sweet!
Great Calling and spiting out the mouth call Z!
Congratulations Chase and Z.
Freelance Outdoor Writer

Online MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 07:25:54 AM »
Great story, and a good ending, at least for one bird!
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

New Page 3

Google Ad