New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Why can't I go both weekends Dad :)  (Read 2233 times)

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Re: Why can't I go both weekends Dad :)
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 07:17:55 AM »
Your son has his priorities right.  Turkey hunting beats baseball any time!
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline cholland

• 2010 Nov Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »
Here is an update on how this weekend went.  Tyler sat in the blind nice a quiet.  We had a few Tom's gobbling in the morning but we did not see anything but the fact that he heard them he was excited.  We set up for the afternoon hunt in one of my tents in the woods between a big field and low area where I know they roost all the time.  I see them fly up in the trees during deer season so I know it is a good spot.  About 6:00 PM I heard one Gobble from the field heading our way.  I picked up my slate call and gave it a shot and these guys were heading our way.  Tyler could see them heading our way and I hit the call again and this time the Gobble was right on top of us so much so it sent chills down my spine so I new he going to come into our set up.  He strutted right to my decoy directly in front of our blind.  He was at 25 yards and I made a perfect shot in the head and he went right down.   It was a very nice bird, it had a 1 1/2 Spurs and a 10" beard and was about 25 lbs.  I am not sure who was more excited, son or Dad. :) 
craiger

Offline bwag

• 4 Point
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 05:08:37 AM »
good call hope it works out for you good luck

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 08:19:52 AM »
nice work and great bird. i'm sure you were both excited. do you have a youth season for tyler?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline cholland

• 2010 Nov Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 09:23:40 PM »
He is a bit to young even for the youth season this year.  He is going to take the hunters safety course this summer and be ready for next year.  He was happy just to tag along and I was happy to have him sit next to me.
craiger

New Page 3

Google Ad