New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: DLR 2012 HUNTING JOURNAL  (Read 812 times)

Offline DLR

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • God is my solid rock in which I lean on.
DLR 2012 HUNTING JOURNAL
« on: April 20, 2012, 08:47:12 AM »
April 20, MD spring gobbler season. Up early and in the woods here at the house. Got set up and waited for morning to come. Heard gobbles way off in distance, and called, the bird answered back but could hardly hear him. Kept calling off and on for over and hour. Suddenly I saw movement to my left about 80 yards out, TURKEY, not sure if hen or tom. Made some calls and the bird paid no attention to me at all. Kept calling softly watching how the turkey was reacting, it was just feeding along paying no mind to me at all. Then I heard the gobble and this time it was a lot closer. I kept calling softly and he would answer. The other turkey that I was watching suddenly look up on the hill and stood motionless. Then I saw the Tom as he came over the ridge. When the other bird saw him it took off in the opposite direction like it wanted no part of him. I made some soft purrs and he cut me off and double gobbled. He must have seen my Montana Decoy cause he set course for it. Watched him strut and walk down the hill gobbling. He got to about 30 yards out and was in the clear and KABOOM, light out. It took me a while to get up off the ground because I was sitting so long and had a hard time getting up, but I made it, almost fell but made it up. Walked over to my PRIZE  @--0--0109  and walked on home. I am a HAPPY CAMPER TODAY. Its been a while for me to get going and I still have some mending to do yet but God has truly blessed me.
Attended 2010 WKH Hog Hunt
Team Turbo Nock
YHEC Volunteer
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
Maryland Safety Instructor
Attended Eastern Anniversary Party
Attended 2010 Campout
 Graduate of Ultimate Medical Academy 2012

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
Re: DLR 2012 HUNTING JOURNAL
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 08:51:02 AM »
that is the best kind of hunt       @--0--0118   @--0--0118
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline DLR

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • God is my solid rock in which I lean on.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 12:16:32 PM »
Well finally I got some hunting in. With yesterday being the first day of the PA rifle season I had a eye appointment scheduled for 10 am. I did not want to cancel it so I just went. I was just suppose to have my right eye checked to see if the caterack was ready to be removed, but the doctor went ahead and did both eyes and dilated them. Not what I wanted to have done. So I had to wear my sun glasses home from the appointment. I got home around 12:15 and decided to just take a nap, which I did. I woke up about 2:30 and my eyes weren't that bad so I decided to go to my ground blind that was set up in Maryland. It is a short walk from my house to my ground blind. I got all set up and the time was 3:22 as I just looked at my watch. I had everything set up and just sitting there when I heard a twig snap and I looked and saw a squirrel bounding away, but I heard another sound so I looked to see what it was, thinking it was just that squirrel again but this time I saw a glimpse of antler. I got ready and watched him walk right down a path that would led him right pass my blind. He got within 50 yards and was quartering away from me and I settled the cross hairs of my 7mm-08 on his neck and squeezed off the shot. He went down right where he was standing. AS I got out of the blind and walked over to see my prize and saw that it was a huge 7 pt. I took one tug on him and said no way am I going to drag this deer out by myself. So I called my brother in law to come help me out. I field dressed my harvest and for the first time in many years I was able to do it without much pain. The neurostimulator is working great in my back. I am still on a weight limit on lifting so I took no  chances with taking a step backwards. I just could not believe my luck I was only in the blind less than 25 minutes. Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Thank You Jesus. This is the first deer that I have taken in the past 3 years because of all my back pain. And now with the stimulator in my back and not having pain like it was I was able to field dress my prize in no time getting up and down without pain. Again Thank You Jesus. With all that has been happening to me this year, it makes my soul rise to be able to do things that I could not have done the last 3 years. It feels good to be back in the woods hunting but I still have to know what I can do and not do.
Attended 2010 WKH Hog Hunt
Team Turbo Nock
YHEC Volunteer
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
Maryland Safety Instructor
Attended Eastern Anniversary Party
Attended 2010 Campout
 Graduate of Ultimate Medical Academy 2012

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 05:16:05 PM »
the lord provide just in his time not our glad you got out and got a buck     @--0--0118
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

New Page 3

Google Ad