New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: shot a turkey with my bow and it flew off  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Whitetail54

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • All it Takes is a Tree Stand and a Dream !!
    • Raleigh, NC  Area Homes
Re: shot a turkey with my bow and it flew off
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 08:22:21 AM »
Thats tough..hard enough to get a turkey with a shotgun and then to have what happened to you with a bow. 
Hunting for more than 40 years now
Member of Team TURF ONE

If you are 50 or over and have not yet had a colonoscopy...DO IT!!!  It saved my life!!

Offline DLR

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • God is my solid rock in which I lean on.
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 11:38:17 PM »
I like to hit them when they are facing me or facing away. If facing me I aim for the crawl area, and if a back shot either up the @ or middle back to hit the spin. By hitting the spine no way for the bird to fly off.

DLR
Attended 2010 WKH Hog Hunt
Team Turbo Nock
YHEC Volunteer
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
Maryland Safety Instructor
Attended Eastern Anniversary Party
Attended 2010 Campout
 Graduate of Ultimate Medical Academy 2012

Offline tubbymoose

• 2008 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 04:53:11 PM »
 -0078 Been there done that, less the ten yard with a bloodtrailer expandable. Passed right thru the bird, it flopped around and the went about 20 yards and laid down in the grass. I waited for about 15 minutes and went to get it and you guessed it. The bird flew off and I never saw it again. -0078

New Page 3

Google Ad