New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Turkey App  (Read 639 times)

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
Turkey App
« on: March 30, 2012, 06:48:47 PM »
Anyone have this app? Email I got has the following (but with so many apps out there it starts to get hard to find 'the' app)

Improve Your Hunting with New NWTF iPhone App

The powerful new NWTF Turkey Hunting Toolbox is now available for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch.

The official NWTF Turkey Hunting Toolbox has everything a turkey hunter needs in one phone app.

Exclusive turkey sound ringtones
Turkey sounds recorded from live wild turkeys
Video tips from champion callers
Valuable turkey hunting tips
Range map of wild turkey subspecies
Wild turkey score calculator
Photos and descriptions of the wild turkey subspecies
Links to every state wildlife agency for hunting regulations
“This app is a must-have tool for every turkey hunter,” said Brent Lawrence, NWTF public relations and website director.  “It has amazing features that can help hunters improve their calling and become better hunters. It will help make you a more complete turkey hunter, not to mention becoming the coolest hunter in the woods.”

The exclusive iPhone app features calling tip videos from champion turkey callers, 12 live turkey sounds, and instant access to dozens of proven turkey hunting tips.  All are accessible at your fingertips without an Internet connection  – even in the most remote corner of the forest.

The app’s wild turkey range map can help hunters explore and zoom in to where each subspecies lives across North America. With a few simple measurements, the app calculates the score of a turkey based on the NWTF Wild Turkey Records official requirements.

Turkey hunting fanatics will enjoy exclusive NWTF turkey ringtones. Be the talk of your office when a boss gobbler sounds off from your hip, and then catch everyone’s attention when you lower the boom on him.

Sign up for an NWTF membership, find local events and keep up with the turkey talk on the NWTF’s Facebook page through this do-it-all app.

Search for “NWTF Toolbox” in iTunes or in the App Store on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. The app, only $1.99, was created in cooperation with www.HuntGeek.com. The NWTF and HuntGeek are exploring an Android version.

The NWTF, a non-profit conservation organization founded in 1973, has conserved and improved 17 million acres of essential wildlife habitat with its partners by raising and investing $372 million since 1985. Habitat projects that help wild turkeys also improve habitat for deer, quail, rabbits, songbirds and many other species in our fields and forests.

The NWTF’s outreach programs – JAKES, Women in the Outdoors and Wheelin’ Sportsmen – introduce about 100,000 youth, women and people with disabilities to the outdoors annually. Passing on the outdoor tradition is essential to the future of conservation and hunting.

For more information on the NWTF, visit www.nwtf.org
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline Hunly

• 12 Point Double Droptine
Re: Turkey App
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 07:21:18 PM »
Sounds like a very neat app, to bad i have an Android phone.

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 07:28:11 PM »
Sounds like a very neat app, to bad i have an Android phone.

They are working on it per the article
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline Possum

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Turkey App
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 07:53:34 PM »
Installed it on my iPhone today well worth the $1.99 two Ringtones are great wished they had a louder Volume for hard hearing Possum's like me...

Sent from Possum's iPad using Tapatalk HD
Freelance Outdoor Writer

Offline Big Jake

• 10 Point
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 10:46:13 AM »
I'll give it a try. Thanks for posting!   @--0--0123

Offline BlackAdder

• Spike
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 12:38:51 PM »
i got a free app for my droid x2 that has a few turkey calls also have one for coyotes. my only complaint is there not very loud but if get a external speaker they might work good.

New Page 3

Google Ad