New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: none shattering soybeans.  (Read 3968 times)

Offline steelie74

• 7 Point
Re: none shattering soybeans.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 04:19:14 PM »
i have soybean fields several miles down the road so i know i can grow them.i will figure out how to post pics and keep everyone updated.
(thwack)  bowhunters will know the sound.  also my license plate   52 ACRES TO MAKE INTO MY ON LITTLE HONEYHOLE.  OH MY ACHIN BACK!!

Offline steelie74

• 7 Point
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 09:02:59 AM »
rwws company sent me an email assuring me that my area will grow and produce pods on the soybeans. now i just have to wait for may to get here.
(thwack)  bowhunters will know the sound.  also my license plate   52 ACRES TO MAKE INTO MY ON LITTLE HONEYHOLE.  OH MY ACHIN BACK!!

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 09:05:01 AM »
can't wait to see your results.

i may be going w/ RR ag beans since i have such a short season. i'll let you know how they work
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline foodplot19

• 8 Point
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 08:09:05 PM »
So, what was the verdict on these beans?
Class of 88
Journeyman Lineman 17 years
Love to spend time outside with the wife and kiddos
Proud to say everything on or with my bow is MADE IN USA!!! Mathews Switchback XT
Constant boredom interspersed with moments of shear terror!!
Team Backstrap Obsession 14'-15' Whitetail Championship

Offline yari

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 09:19:08 PM »
i didn't have a chance to find out. turkeys wiped my 3 acres of beans out by early october. my verdict is unless you have a lot of acres, turkey will wipe out grains very early. i don't know if 6 acres would have been enough to be honest
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline foodplot19

• 8 Point
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 09:51:35 PM »
WOW!!!  That is a lot of turkeys.  You obviously need to kill more of the Chris. -0078                          --09--0                                     ##$%#113
Class of 88
Proud to say everything on or with my bow is MADE IN USA!!! Mathews Switchback XT

Offline yari

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 08:34:18 PM »
WOW!!!  That is a lot of turkeys.  You obviously need to kill more of the Chris. -0078                          --09--0                                     ##$%#113

i was jumping on the atv 3 times a day to chase them off the fields on the weekends. i had approx 20 turkeys. i WILL get a fall tag next year. they don't move to my area until after spring season. the snow pushes them lower in the winter and they migrate back in summer. 20 birds eat a lot of beans
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline foodplot19

• 8 Point
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 08:47:26 PM »
Yes they do. Keep chasin' them!!!
Class of 88

Offline Duane72

• 14 Point Droptine
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 09:21:02 PM »

i was jumping on the atv 3 times a day to chase them off the fields on the weekends. i had approx 20 turkeys. i WILL get a fall tag next year. they don't move to my area until after spring season. the snow pushes them lower in the winter and they migrate back in summer. 20 birds eat a lot of beans

I feel your pain. Turkeys wipe out all three of my plots first round. I reseeded and barely got them sprouted. Ever tried stakes with tin pie plates strung on them so they flap in the breeze? I was told that will keep the turkeys out of the plots long enough for them to grow. I'm trying it this spring for sure!
USAF Veteran
Bow, Shotgun, & Muzzleloader Hunter
Acts 10:13 "...Get up, Peter, kill and eat!"
Proverbs 12:27 "...the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt."

Offline yari

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 10:20:02 PM »

I feel your pain. Turkeys wipe out all three of my plots first round. I reseeded and barely got them sprouted. Ever tried stakes with tin pie plates strung on them so they flap in the breeze? I was told that will keep the turkeys out of the plots long enough for them to grow. I'm trying it this spring for sure!

duane, i got the beans to 3' tall. the turkeys at all my pods/beans at maturity. i wouldn't want to scare the turkeys/deer off at that time of the year w/ pie tins. maybe i should, but that's youth season and bow season?
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Duane72

• 14 Point Droptine
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 09:01:07 AM »

duane, i got the beans to 3' tall. the turkeys at all my pods/beans at maturity. i wouldn't want to scare the turkeys/deer off at that time of the year w/ pie tins. maybe i should, but that's youth season and bow season?

Yeah, tough choice. Guess it comes down to if it's better to have the turkeys in there or the deer at that point I imagine. I got some of the brassicas to come up which the turkeys didn't touch much, but the deer wipe them out too quickly so would have been good o have something else in with it. Made for a good turkey season though I have to say.
USAF Veteran
Bow, Shotgun, & Muzzleloader Hunter
Acts 10:13 "...Get up, Peter, kill and eat!"
Proverbs 12:27 "...the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt."

Offline yari

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 08:47:46 PM »

Yeah, tough choice. Guess it comes down to if it's better to have the turkeys in there or the deer at that point I imagine. I got some of the brassicas to come up which the turkeys didn't touch much, but the deer wipe them out too quickly so would have been good o have something else in with it. Made for a good turkey season though I have to say.

yep, brassicas don't attract the turkeys. that's always been my go to plot
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad