New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: he's not there yet  (Read 1028 times)

Offline steelie74

• 7 Point
he's not there yet
« on: February 11, 2012, 01:21:41 PM »
son is only 8 but i took him with me this muzzleloader season and he spotted the doe i shot.he was so proud that he saw it before i did.he watched me gut it and then helped skin and half it up.then he helped grind the burger.he has his own pellet,22cal and 20g youth.he is never allowed to have them without me and sooooo far he follows the rules.plus i have the keys to the gun locker.cant wait till we can do the hunters safety course together in 3yrs.of course that when i find out all the thing that i do wrong.last time when i went with my daughter i found out that mineral blocks are no longer legal.use to be in nys that as long as they were removed 30 days before season you could put them out,my bad.he's not there yet but he sure have the passion for it. ##$%#11
(thwack)  bowhunters will know the sound.  also my license plate   52 ACRES TO MAKE INTO MY ON LITTLE HONEYHOLE.  OH MY ACHIN BACK!!

Online Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
Re: he's not there yet
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 02:47:16 PM »
That's awesome, take your time with him and let him learn at his pace, and get a real understanding of the rules. He'll be better for it and you will enjoy many years of building memories together. He's not too young to get here on Talkhunting and ask questions. Keep doing what you're doing. It's all good
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline NotRite

• 10 Point
  • 5lb-12oz Ky Spot Caught 5-06-12
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 04:50:10 PM »
I'll have to 2nd what Gut said. It's great that HE wants to get involved too. As long as ya'll do it at HIS pace he will definately learn to enjoy it to its fullest. Way to Go Dad!!!!
BASS member
K.I.S.S. member
(Keep It Simple Stupid)

Offline 5114TX

• Sept/11 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
  • Never squat with your spurs on!!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 10:51:47 PM »
Oh yeah, he's got the bug already, steelie!    Teach him right and he'll be a great outdoorsman in the near future.    Keep it fun, keep it interesting.   He'll do the rest. 
They're ALL trophies...it's just that some are bigger than others!
      NRA member
"Lord, give me patience.....'cause if You give me strength, I'm gonna need bail money to go with it"!
      47 years, in pursuit!
Team "Non-typical"   '13 TH  DHC

Offline red28

• Apr/11 Prize Winner
  • "AIM SMALL MISS SMALL"
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 05:50:55 AM »

i will agree go at his pace and you will enjoy for many years!
Mossy Oak Pro-staff
NRA Life Member

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 09:34:45 AM »
get him started early. good job
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 11:24:11 AM »
Sounds great nothing like huntin with you children. My daughter started out on fire squirrel hunting but now that she's the ripe age of 10 she has other interests so I just asked her the other day if she wanted to go and she said she would rather go fishing so I got to get my poles restrung for the Spring. My son is 6 and he said he would go with me next year. All at their pace- good advice. Keep em in the woods if you can.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 08:52:08 PM »
Enjoy the time it is Well Worth It. Good Luck to You in the coming seasons.

New Page 3

Google Ad