New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: 09 Ice Storm Pics  (Read 881 times)

Offline NotRite

• 10 Point
  • 5lb-12oz Ky Spot Caught 5-06-12
09 Ice Storm Pics
« on: January 26, 2012, 06:24:53 PM »
Here are a couple of pics from the ice storm we had here in KY in 09. I have not ever witnessed anything like it in my lifetime and hope not to ever again We were without power for 15 days. Good ole propane stove and burners for hot water. Kids took baths in an old No.2 washtub. LOL....it was a site for sure.
BASS member
K.I.S.S. member
(Keep It Simple Stupid)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: 09 Ice Storm Pics
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 08:41:04 AM »
very pretty to look at, but ice is nasty to deal with. cool pis
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 09:45:06 AM »
I am glad I am looking at pictures and did not have first hand knowledge-- Ice storms make beautiful pictures but bad memories.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline red28

• Apr/11 Prize Winner
  • "AIM SMALL MISS SMALL"
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 11:28:26 AM »

cool pics but a nasty storm for sure!

thanks for sharing!  @--0--0130
Mossy Oak Pro-staff
NRA Life Member

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 03:53:33 PM »
Cool pics--- now if you could add the sound of the tree's cracking and limbs falling, it would take me back to our ice storm here in IN. @--0--0123
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline Possum

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 04:36:42 PM »
Remember it well Notrite....
Cousin lives over near Rochester, KY
Thank God they had plenty of Water (well Pump) , Generator, Firewood w/Wood Stove in the Basement..
Thanks for posting the Photos such beauty in destruction.
Freelance Outdoor Writer

Offline NotRite

• 10 Point
  • 5lb-12oz Ky Spot Caught 5-06-12
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 07:34:37 PM »
Several of your replies brought back memories....the trees cracking....for the first 2 days after it hit....you could not count to 5 without hearing a "snapping" of a limb, or tree, breaking. The generator, that I didn't have to begin with. Had to rush to Evansville Home Depot and "catch" a delivery of them before anyone got to them. The only ones to be found in about a 75 mile radius. I got us some power up and running....just 45 minutes before my Steelers took the field against the Cardinals in the Superbowl. Close one there. LOL...We had kerosene heaters and of course the propane stove and burners to cook and heat water with. Just the most amazing thing to see a whole town shut down. We have around 20,000 people in the town I live nearest to. A couple of grocery stores actually had generators on hand and were able to stay open and provide much needed food. I know I just about, well, #2 when I heard them on the radio say it could be WEEKS before power would be restored. I also very much remember the guys from Norther Illinois that had come down to help Kenergy with all the pole and line replacement. I saw their lights shining up the driveway....took them some fresh fried chicken and hot cocoa...next thing I new my Mothers' house had lights on inside it. These guys took it upon themselves to fix the pole and line that had gotten knocked down that ran into her house. No telling how much money, let alone the waiting lists you had to wade through just to get an electrician to get to you. I found them guys on another road the next day.....it weren't cocoa that had for them that time and they were very thankful for my visit. LOL.
BASS member
K.I.S.S. member
(Keep It Simple Stupid)

Offline kevin w

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 8 Point
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 08:09:24 PM »
Nice pics!

New Page 3

Google Ad