New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: oregon bow  (Read 749 times)

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
oregon bow
« on: December 07, 2011, 08:03:52 PM »
      I just sold my oregon bow to a kid looking to start bowhunting. He is a friend of the wife so I sold it cheap. I shot lots of deer with it and now I miss it. I hung it on the wall at the hunting cabin and would challenge visitors to pull it back. Only 1 or 2  could pull it back set on 90 lbs. I shot carbon arrows rated for 80 - 95 lbs and thunderhead 100gr broadheads. They worked great.   I probably should of kept it as a conversation piece. I have been hunting with a switchback now for 3 years and I really like it.   

Offline red28

• Apr/11 Prize Winner
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • "AIM SMALL MISS SMALL"
Re: oregon bow
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 08:19:24 PM »

well you might miss is but think you just started another hunter on there way to a great hunting life!
Mossy Oak Pro-staff
NRA Life Member

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 07:56:32 AM »
i still have 2 of my old onieda bows. a friend told me they are collector items now and getting $150+ on ebay. one of these days i will get rid of them. but they are like guns. who sells guns? whoever has the most at the end wins, right?

'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline gobihawk

• Nov/11 Prize Winner
  • 8 Point
  • Knowledge is the key to success
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 09:01:10 AM »
Time will ease the pain. Like red28 said, you helped our sport by adding another hunter. That's got to give you a good feeling and you will get an even better feeling when he gets his first deer with that bow.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member
Green Bay Packers Owner & Season Ticket Holder

Offline 5114TX

• Sept/11 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
  • Never squat with your spurs on!!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 02:51:24 PM »
Must have been difficult to give that up!     Kid must be strong!!!     Hope he gets as much pleasure from it as it gave you, notsams!     Very generous, indeed!!
They're ALL trophies...it's just that some are bigger than others!
      NRA member
"Lord, give me patience.....'cause if You give me strength, I'm gonna need bail money to go with it"!
      47 years, in pursuit!
Team "Non-typical"   '13 TH  DHC

Offline AaronS

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • Prepper Community
  • 12 Point
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 07:35:04 PM »
I have a feeling that as your muscles and joints age you will miss it less.  Like someone said above, that kid must be eating his Wheaties!   ;D  Great job of passing it on.
If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.
1 cross + 3 nails = 4given

NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
QDMA Member

www.santapawspetpark.com

Offline Duane72

• 14 Point Droptine
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 08:40:27 AM »
      I just sold my oregon bow to a kid looking to start bowhunting. He is a friend of the wife so I sold it cheap. I shot lots of deer with it and now I miss it. I hung it on the wall at the hunting cabin and would challenge visitors to pull it back. Only 1 or 2  could pull it back set on 90 lbs. I shot carbon arrows rated for 80 - 95 lbs and thunderhead 100gr broadheads. They worked great.   I probably should of kept it as a conversation piece. I have been hunting with a switchback now for 3 years and I really like it.

I had an old York re-curve that was given to me as a kid by an old man in our church who "mentored" me a lot in fishing, etc. I used it some but not a lot in my teens and when I was older. Only ever hunted with it once or twice and never killed a deer with it though so it might not have had the same sentiment as your old bow. But the time came when someone was interested and I passed it on. Just felt it was the right thing to do. I am sure your bow is in a good home... ad it's doing what it was made to do. Can't beat that.
USAF Veteran
Bow, Shotgun, & Muzzleloader Hunter
Acts 10:13 "...Get up, Peter, kill and eat!"
Proverbs 12:27 "...the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt."

New Page 3

Google Ad