New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: big daddy daves huntin journal 2011  (Read 3296 times)

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • taken around time HG and I were married
Re: big daddy daves huntin journal 2011
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 06:41:51 AM »
Sounds like you have everything well organized
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Offline BIG DADDY DAVE

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 07:59:23 PM »
its april 24. still doing p90 lost 18 lbs, still getting a little stronger even though i am losing less. almost time to switch to level 3, 4 . focusing on my diet is the hardest thing for me. i enjoy the work outs, but not being able to eat everything when i want im still getting used too. tuesdays may 1 is turkey hunting ive been scouting and have a couple birds ive seen. so i cant wait to get there . i did some practice with my camera so i hope to get a video of my hunt. i have some new stuff which i need to test out so this should be good.

Offline Hunly

• 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 08:35:59 PM »
Good luck on the turkey hunt, sounds like your doing great on the weight loss also.

Offline BIG DADDY DAVE

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 09:24:40 PM »
ok its been a while since my last post. lets see todays may 10 2012. power 90 still going lost 20 lbs so far. moved to circuit 3-4 . its more difficult but its challenging also. still getting stronger feel really good. been out two times spring turkey hunting. saw some birds and has two great mornings in the woods. gonna go this sunday Mothers Day. looking forward to fall and deer season. decided to go all in on the adirondacks this year. im starting to want to harvest quality over quantity. and i really do only need one deer a season.
all the preperations are as far as i can go so im gonna stick to turkey hunting and then in june i'll start to scout for deer. set out the cameras.
i want to try a different approach this year. i have three cameras and usually put one out in each area. this year i am going to set all three in a small area so i can cover several trails going thru an area. this way i hope to capture most or all of the deer movement in an area in a weeks time maybe two weeks. then i will also know exactly what trail they use most. anyway thats the theory.
so thats where i am at so far. still hving fun and looking forward to hunting.

Offline BIG DADDY DAVE

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 06:41:59 PM »
ok todays sunday may 20 2012.   pretty much out of time for turkey hunting been out three times. saw some birds and messed up my only opportunity. still had a good time even without the bird. got some of my first footage ever of deer with my vid cam. wasnt the best but something to start with AND GET BETTER AT. ordered all new turkey gear this year i have been in the same jacket and pants for 24 years. does anyone remember mossy oak treestand?   so im upgraded to reeltree apg. jacket vest hat facemask, gloves and pants, also got an undertaker choke tube. want to try different ammo to get the most out of the 3" 12 ga. my buddy went to huntin camp and opened it up. so looking forward to getting the cameras out. deer season has begun.

Offline JALA RUT

• Sept. 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • 2013 Bow Harvest
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 07:52:35 AM »
That's some sweet camo there...you'll have no problems blending in.  When's your last day of P90?  I completed it about a year ago and then tried Insanity..started it but didn't stick to it.  When my shoulder heals up I'm looking to do the P90/Inanity combo workout.  My buddy completed the combo and had good results...Tough but worth the pain.  Good Luck up in the Adirondacks this coming deer season! It'll be here before we know it.  I'm hoping my shoulder surgery will be rehabbed enough for me to pull back a bow by October.
2014/15 Deer Hunting Championship Team#18; Buck Dynasty
Hunt Safe, Hunt Hard, Hunt Ethically and Have Fun!

Offline BIG DADDY DAVE

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 08:34:35 PM »
ok todays aug 28 and it been way too long   since my last entry.   found some deer to hunt, have my treestand in place, going this weekend to put the cameras in a second place and set up a blind. hope there are a few deer here too.  this spot is up on the top of the mountain and no one  goes there. its a natural crossing in a saddle between two mtn tops. also a bonus cuz its so nice there. you can see the lake down below, and i dont mind sitting there even if no deer show. cant wait to see if theres fresh sign. --09--0

Offline BIG DADDY DAVE

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 08:03:10 PM »
OK WHAT A SEASON I HAD, ONLY I NEVER GOT A DEER. I GOT TO HUNT ALOT AND HAD SOME OPPORTUNITIES. I DEFINETLY MADE SOME MISTAKES THIS YEAR AND THATS PROBABLY why ididnt get one. im not dissapointed at all. i set out to kill a nice buck first and it didnt happen. i learned something else about hunting. you can do everything right and still not get a deer. i learnd some new places to hunt and saw some deer. i plan on working on next year already and as is with the end of every season i always put away my ggear and replace anything that i didnt like or didnt work. i also replaced some items that wore out. gloves, boots, ammo etc... got one new ground blind for one that broke etc... all that is done already so now were off ice fishing and getting thru the winter.

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
big daddy daves huntin journal 2011
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 10:24:21 PM »
There's always another season. Good luck with your ice fishing.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

New Page 3

Google Ad