New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: DLR's Hunting Journal  (Read 1274 times)

Offline DLR

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • God is my solid rock in which I lean on.
DLR's Hunting Journal
« on: November 02, 2011, 11:19:11 AM »
Well so far archery season in both PA and MD have been a bust. In PA all I see are does and in MD nothing. I don't  know where the bucks have gone, they have just vanished. I have been going out in the woods here at the house almost every day. I have seen turkeys, squirrels, rabbits, and even cats. I did hunt the MD muzzle loader season, with the first day being a very windy rainy day. In the three days of hunting I did not see a deer. The most interesting thing about the early muzzle season was on the third day. I had abandon my blind and went to another place, I knew there was a big blow down and decided to sit there for the evening. Around 5 pm this huge fox squirrel came in and was just feeding around, after a while he went up a tree I guess to have a look see. While up in the tree he spotted me, not sure why I guess it was the hunter orange I was wearing, he started to bark at me with that deep bark that they have. Curiosity got the better of him and he came down the tree and started over towards me. He slowly made his way over to the tree I was at and then jumped up on the tree near the root end. He slowly crept up the trunk of the tree, he stopped ever so often and would look straight at me with his head moving  back and forth, then take some more step and do the looking thing again. I just remained motion less. He got to about guns length of me and stood up on his hind legs and sat there trying to figure out what this big orange blob was. He made a couple of motions like he was getting ready to jump on me to see if I was a tree or what, I did for a while get a little edgy because if he did jump on me and found out that I was not what he thought I was, I didn't want to write a story about the squirrel that beat the crap out of a 250 lb man. Anyway he had seen enough and decided to just go on about his way and sauntered on down the tree trunk and went about his merry way feeding.

I am still hopeful that I will see one of my bucks as I know the rut is upcoming soon. So as always I wish everyone the best of luck and be safe and have fun most of all and God Bless.
Attended 2010 WKH Hog Hunt
Team Turbo Nock
YHEC Volunteer
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
Maryland Safety Instructor
Attended Eastern Anniversary Party
Attended 2010 Campout
 Graduate of Ultimate Medical Academy 2012

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
Re: DLR's Hunting Journal
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 11:39:12 AM »
glad you are gettig out me working to much at the sporting goods store   @--0--0127
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • taken around time HG and I were married
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:19:36 PM »
At least you are getting out. I have been in Massachusetts cleaning up the storm damage at our daughters house in Springfield. They are still running off of my generator and not expecting power back before the weekend.

A lot of broken trees on powerlines from the foot of heavy wet snow they got. Many roads are still blocked with broken trees.

It is funny to see green leaves still on many of the trees broken with the heavy snow sticking to them
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:11:48 PM by zos41 »
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 08:39:33 PM »
Glad to see you are getting out there. Just take it one day at a time. Sooner of later the big boy will make a mistake, then it's whack-um. Good luck to you. GS
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline DLR

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 08:39:08 PM »
Well PA and MD rifle seasons are in the books. I only harvested one deer, it was a four pointer and I didn't enter into the competition. I only shot it because it was crippled and was not walking very good. It had 3 point on one side and a spike on the other. It left front shoulder was completely broken at the scapula and the knee was busted as well. I did not see any of the big bucks, and heard that the Landlords kids took three of them one of which was a big 11 pointer, two 8 pointers, and three huge 6 pointers. I did not get a chance to hunt near any of the fields for they had them almost everyday and evening. Now for the bad point of this year. I lost my temper completely with Darell one of the landlords kids. One evening I was sitting in my truck on the lower field and when I got there, there was nobody around, so I sat there in my truck, and shortly afterwards Darrell showed up and just set up below me about 210 yards away. I took my binoculars and took a look to see who it was then I noticed something that made the hair stand up on the back of my head. He was using his rifle scope as a spotting scope and it was pointed directly at me. He was looking at me with a loaded gun --7-8-9. I waited till it got dark and went over to where he parked his truck and when he got there I let him have it, I called him unethical, uneducated, a poor example to the son he had with him, I also told him that if I was 10 years younger and was in bad shape I would have stuck the rifle up his a$$. He did not apologize at all, all he said that it was his property and he had the right to hunt when and where he wanted to and that I should have left when I saw him come in and set up. It was all I could do not to just give him a swift kick.  He told me that he was going to talk to his father about me and ask that I be evicted. I told him to make sure that he told his Dad that he pointed a gun at me while it was loaded. The sad point about this is that he is a Mennonite, I now belief that this religion is a cult of some sort. On the last day there were a bunch of them at the land and some that I have been friends with, I waved at them and they just ignored me as though I was not there. So I guess I am now shunned by the group. Anyway my hunting weeks ended on a bad note but my son Doug killed a big doe on the last day, but it was not on the land I lease. I have had some chest pains since this episode, they have lasted for five days now and my wife, Randi is getting angry with me cause I will not go see the doctor about it. So I am going to have to start to look for another place to live, because I know that I will not be here next year. And they are suppose to be Christian, YEAH RIGHT!
Team Turbo Nock
YHEC Volunteer
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
Attended 2010 Campout

Offline 5114TX

• Sept/11 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
  • Never squat with your spurs on!!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 09:40:17 PM »
Wow,  Sorry to hear about this, DLR.     Take care of yourself.      Hard way to find out the truth, but best in the end, I guess.      Hope you find a new place with better people, that won't point a loaded rifle at you.     What a moron.     
They're ALL trophies...it's just that some are bigger than others!
      NRA member
"Lord, give me patience.....'cause if You give me strength, I'm gonna need bail money to go with it"!
      47 years, in pursuit!
Team "Non-typical"   '13 TH  DHC

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 10:04:56 PM »
go see the doctor we want you around for next year  and you are more then welcome on my hunting land any time
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline red28

• Apr/11 Prize Winner
  • "AIM SMALL MISS SMALL"
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 05:30:46 AM »

sorry to hear  but please think of your health too !

@--0--0101
Mossy Oak Pro-staff
NRA Life Member

Offline DLR

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 12:10:51 AM »
Monday I had some more attacks and decided to get to the hospital. They ran a bunch of test and I was admitted for observation for the night. I spoke with my cardiologist and he suggested that I either do a stress test or catherization. I opted for the catherization for the simple reason if I had the stress test and something showed up that I needed the cath then I would have to wait an additional day to get that done. Well the results were negative on the cath. My doctor told me that he could see no blockages. I have to make an appointment now to discuss what is wrong. I believe I am having major panic attacks. I guess I need a chill pill. As of yet I have not heard from my landlord, I guess the (&*^&((& person has not said anything to daddy yet, or just doesn't want daddy to know he pointed a loaded gun at me.
Team Turbo Nock
YHEC Volunteer
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
Attended 2010 Campout

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 03:16:31 AM »
A negative cath is a good thing. Hope you are feeling better soon. Keep me updated when you can.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

New Page 3

Google Ad