New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Poll

how many years have you been bowhunting if any

0 to 5 years
11 (28.9%)
6 to 10 years
3 (7.9%)
11 to 15 years
0 (0%)
16 to 20 years
3 (7.9%)
21 to 30 years
10 (26.3%)
31 and up years
10 (26.3%)
i don't bow hunt
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: November 25, 2011, 07:56:24 AM

Author Topic: bow hunting years  (Read 4079 times)

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Re: bow hunting years
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, 09:52:21 PM »
Had I stayed with it, I would have been bowhunting for 45 yrs!  When I started hunting seriously, I started with a bow I bought from one of my dad's friends.  My dad didn't hunt, but his friend took the time to teach me about the bow, and took me hunting a few times.  Unfortunately, I was not able to connect during those early hunts.  Eventually, I purchased a more powerful bow, and even made my own arrows.  Purchased cedar shafts, fletcher, feather burner, etc.  I still have some of the arrows I made.  Then, I got married and went into the Army.  Didn't bow hunt again until 1988, when I purchased an old Bear Whitetail.   Hunted with it off and on, but was not succesful at all.  In '98 or maybe '99, I shot my first deer with a bow, a doe, after purchasing a newer cam bow, an XI.  Haven't bowhunted since, although I still have the XI.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Woods Walker

• 6 Point
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 08:45:23 PM »
I started bowhunting in 1968. I didn't do too much of it while I attended college in Wyoming except for a few stalks on mule deer that we attempted in the canyons east of Laramie. After I graduated and moved to Illinois I started going at it full bore and haven't let up since.

I hunt with firearms too, but there's just something VERY special about getting one with the bow! 
Hunt hard,

Kill swiftly,

Waste nothing,

Offer no apologies.

>>>---------------------------->

NRA Endowment Life Member

Offline bones

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 4 Point
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 05:26:27 PM »
I started bowhunting in 1982.  There's been many ups and downs over the years and I look forward to more.  I'm still like a kid on Christmas eve the night before the first day out.  There was a time I wanted to shoot everything with an arrow.  Anymore I enjoy the hunt and the great outdoors more than anything regardless of what weapon is in hand.

Offline Billythekid

• Button Buck
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 09:57:13 PM »
42 wonderfull seasons. Some ended with tag soup and others with steak, but each was wonderfull. I learned more from my failed seasons than my filled seasons, but in the end I guess I,ll have to say, I still like steak better than soup. 

Offline 100rollie

• Fawn
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2012, 08:51:30 PM »
Small game 1978, big game 1979. Wow , time flies!

Offline JordanTarajano

• Button Buck
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 06:29:43 PM »
Started deer hunting with my bow about 8 years ago when I was 14, and even though I feel like I hold a wealth of knowledge and experiences to share, I'm always learning more and more.

I hunt with firearms too, but there's just something VERY special about getting one with the bow! 

You know that's right brother

Offline capttrae

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • Mag Staff Writer
bow hunting years
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 12:20:31 AM »
Will be startin my 15th season bow huntin come sep/oct. ain't killed a thing w/ it yet. Maybe this year will be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Page 3

Google Ad