New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: National Rut Observations go here:  (Read 3590 times)

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
National Rut Observations go here:
« on: October 26, 2011, 08:23:00 AM »
Hey guys!

Can we have another thread for rut observations?... I know last year we had one for Alabama but I was thinkin of having one nation wide for all THers to comment on where we know how the rut progresses from North to South.
Have it where you post the state you live in and then what you see going on with the rut.

Maybe do it something like this:
Alabama- no rut as of yet, seeing does and small bucks.  The big ones are still in hiding right now

What ya'll think?

Thanks,
Z
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:10:00 AM by ZLong19 »
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

TalkHunting Community

National Rut Observations go here:
« on: October 26, 2011, 08:23:00 AM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
Re: Rut Observations?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 08:25:17 AM »
sound good to me

southern tier of ny still quite should start around next week and be big for the week of the 9 though 17 of nov
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20

dave 1211

Offline Snortweeze

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 08:50:32 AM »
I say yes, and I think the pre rut is a week away here in IL. They will start cruzing hard looking for doe. I will be in the stand most of the day next Friday Nov the 4th. I hope to get me a birthday buck that day.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline gobihawk

• Nov/11 Prize Winner
  • 8 Point
  • Knowledge is the key to success
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 09:27:29 AM »
In Southwest Wisconsin the chase has started. Saw a 10-pointer chasing does in the pm on 10/20. On 10/21 I doe came running off the ridge, a little while later a 10-pointer came of the same ridge and followed the same trail as the doe. I think it was the same buck as the night before.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member
Green Bay Packers Owner & Season Ticket Holder

Offline KraQr

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • SOLO Hunter
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 09:35:25 AM »
NW Florida doesnt even get started til late January.    But I am hoping they get it going here soon in Arkansas and Ky.   
'12 Bowtech Insanity CPX

Offline Two Tales

• 7 Point
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 10:00:04 AM »
from what I have seen the pre rut is just starting ip here in CT...a few scrapes and good rubs...bucks are still batching it...hunting buddy took a nice 9er yesterday afternoon that was with 6 other bucks...said three more smaller bucks wandered in as he was waiting to climb down from his stand...while waiting to take his shot his deer was bumping and pushing the smaller huys around..simple sparing,antler ratteling and puffing up...so we are a couple of weeks until it starts in earnest..need that killing frost...and not so much of the drizzel and 60* weather we have been getting...

TT @--0--0107
USN Ret.
LM DAV
LM NRA
Chief Istructor CE/FS
ADC BSA
Fox Patrol, Tr 1 Gilwell, NE-142
from the ragged rim on the edge of reality.....

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 10:02:28 AM »
i'm in my office watching a bedded doe hide out. she looks a little frazzled. can't see a buck w/ her yet. last year same thing except the 130" buck was in view.

they are definately chasing in central WI. northern   WI is normally 7-10 behind   
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • one cold day
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 10:09:08 AM »
sounds good to me send a PM to Mike @--0--0118
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
Re: National Rut Observations go here:
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 10:46:25 AM »

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline BIG DADDY DAVE

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 06:54:23 PM »
new york state adirondack mtns 10-15-11 blcak pwoder 5 rubs observed at creek crossing two bucks on trail cam

new york state catskill mtns 10-18 southern bow season. one rub and one scrape observed. saw several does no bucks sighted

Offline sc

• 4 Point
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 10:08:28 PM »
Chasing in SC

Offline lpptz

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 10:46:23 PM »
The chase is heating up,others are seeing more bucks on the move.A couple days ago a local guy shot a huge buck,28 in spread 8-10 in brow tines.If I find a pic I'll post

Eastern WI

Offline 5114TX

• Sept/11 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
  • Never squat with your spurs on!!
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 07:41:17 AM »
Central Texas -  Started seeing some following two weeks ago.   Does move through, then a buck or two coming through shortly after.   No real chasing, just following, but they're starting to think more about it.   Smaller bucks already pushing does, but the does aren't having it.     Been very warm (hot) and need cooler weather to help kick 'em into action.
They're ALL trophies...it's just that some are bigger than others!
      NRA member
"Lord, give me patience.....'cause if You give me strength, I'm gonna need bail money to go with it"!
      47 years, in pursuit!
Team "Non-typical"   '13 TH  DHC

Offline BOGO

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point Double Droptine
  • Is Ready for Turkey Season!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 03:31:48 PM »
As of Last SUnday in Southern Lawerence County Tennessee I had a 2 1/2 year old  chasing doe's and grunting every step. He wooped up on every sappling around me. I watched him make about 6 scrapes and 4 rubs. He came into the horns and the "TRUE TALKER" as always. I will probably kick myself for letting this buck walk. He had Nice Long tine and his brow tines were like 6 inches but one had about 1inch broke off of it. He had double crab claws on his beams. He was a nice looking buck but young. I had him under 15 yards a dozen times.I am the only one that hunts this farm and I know it holds much larger bucks, so I heald off and it was tuff. On another farm that Saturday afternoon I had 5 bucks chasing a doe but none ever offered a shot. So its starting Here and I would bet with this weekends cold frount coming in I expect it to reallyKicked it pretty good!! BRING IT ON!  @--0--0118  ##$%#117  @--0--0118  ##$%#117  @--0--0118
Its not always about the Harvest.Its about all the events & memories the Good Lord Blessed you with during the Hunt.Those are the Real Trophys!Remember to Love this land & Pass It on(25years experience of chasin Beards & Bucks)
*Pro Staff for Straight Creek Calls

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad