New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Guess who's *not* coming to dinner?  (Read 542 times)

Offline cuzsis

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
Guess who's *not* coming to dinner?
« on: October 25, 2011, 04:33:49 PM »
 Saw this guy this morning (around 11:30am or so). First buck we've seen since they were in velvet a few months ago. Still not the same one that I got my 4-pt antler from earlier this spring though! No hunting in my GMU for late season (and no hunting on the landowners property anyway) so he's not destined for the table.....for now.  @--0--0137

I need some kind of stepping block for the porch. That last rail always manages to cut off part of the shot. 

I was able to get pics of a couple of bucks in velvet earlier this year. After comparing the two I have, I think this might actually be him, given the location of the ear splotch The other one had a notch torn out of his left ear. You can't tell at photobucket resolution, but on the main image I zoomed in and didn't see any ear tears for the above buck. I'm not assuming there are only 3 bucks wandering through here, but the ears splotches seem to be individual to the deer and this one was an awfully close match.

New Page 3

Google Ad