New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: ZLong's Hunting Roadshow Circus  (Read 5533 times)

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
Re: ZLong's Hunting Roadshow Circus
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2015, 02:35:23 PM »
Update:
Spent first week of Kentucky gun season in Kentucky... typical with the way the season was going, it was slower than usual. Seen one big, giant 6 point first morning, first hour. Would have gladly taken him had he stopped and presented a shot.

Gun season Alabama. I hunted from day after Thanksgiving to yesterday (12/6) that's a whole lot of hunting!!! seen a pile of deer some running does, some not. Missed the biggest deer I've seen on our farm last Monday in the first 30 minutes of light... He was a little too far but I'm comfortable with those shots with my 300, but thing was, I didn't bring my 300 that morning for reasons only the deer gods know. Seen another good deer on Thursday morning, he had his head down and was in a hurry to get somewhere and couldn't get him to stop so that's that. I'm about tired, so Saturday I decided to go duck hunting at a new place we got. We were able to knock down 9 mallards and a gadwall. That was a pleasant change in scenery from a deer stand and will be doing that again.

Killed two coyotes and a bobcat. Seen two more coyotes and three bobcats that will die before season is over! Rut is kinda all over the place for the house, I speculate due in part because this crappy hot/cold/hot weather that's going on and it doesn't look any better. Two weeks from now we are suppose to get the first real cold weather. One can only hope!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:42:20 PM by ZLong19 »
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Online yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2015, 05:25:07 PM »
I had the same type of season. I didn't see a rack until gun season. keep after em. good luck
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline heflinsi

• Sept/11 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • 2015 Buck
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2016, 06:26:41 PM »
Good luck Z, we have about two more weeks left here in north Alabama....
Gysgt USMC Retired

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 07:35:56 AM »
End of the year update:  Hunted as much as I could from about 12/10 through now. The week before Christmas our deer hit and it got pretty wild for a few days. If you seen a doe, you seen a buck or more. One morning I had a doe come through and before I got down I had 6 different bucks come through on her trail. After the Christmas flood it got pretty sorry at the house cause 90% of the property was 8 inches deep or more in water. After the water subsided I started noticing the deer pounding the wheat but the rut being over, it was mainly does and small bucks. I haven't gotten pictures of a good deer in three weeks. It's over. On the upside, I did manage to drag down a decent 8 point on another property and finish out my season. I'm tagged out. Time to try to shoot some coyotes and bobcats, ducks, and maybe catch a crappie or two before the spring gets here and I go into hiding from March 15-May 10!!!!!!!!!!
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Online yari

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 05:54:21 PM »
nice work. sounds like a good season and you left a few for seed. good luck on the critters
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2016, 06:36:39 AM »
Well well well!!! Let's load the carts and hook the wagons! ZLong's roadshow circus is coming back to town in t-minus 6 days! Let the countdown begin fellers! I will be in Kentucky for the opener, got my camo shorts and tank top ready for it cause it's gonna be warm, but ole sag belly may move a little since he hasn't been harassed in a few months. Ya'll sit back, enjoy the peanuts and drank and let the ringmaster bring you tales of the hunt. I'm sure you'll get both the good and the bad from me this season and I wish nothing but the best of luck to each and everyone of you! May your arrows fly straight, your blood trails be short, your cross hairs be steady. Have a great time in the outdoors, and remember... if given the opportunity, take someone hunting and PASS IT ON. Let's flat get it ladies and gentlemen!!!!!!!!

Online yari

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2016, 08:04:43 PM »
good luck. shoot some hogs this year. be safe
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2016, 09:10:12 AM »
Wooo Hooo!   Go gettem Z!   Be safe and good luck. 

Our dove opener is Thursday but I won't be hunting until Friday. Bow opener will be first weekend of October.   I usually don't hit the woods until the second half of October though.....about when the scraping starts.  I'm ready!
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline capttrae

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • Mag Staff Writer
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2016, 09:06:41 AM »
He's prolly sittin in my climber. And I know where possum is. Good luck

Offline Viking1204

• 12 Point
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2016, 11:37:44 AM »
Looking forward to being in a ladder stand Saturday morning for the start of bow season in our part of Southern Alabama!
Air Force Veteran

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2016, 11:46:50 AM »
Update on the circus!
I've been to kentucky twice in the last month. I was able to carry one of my good friends up and he successful killed a baeutifuk 10 point with his bow.  Me on the other hand didn't have the heart to shoot a fawn the first morning or a mother the next morning with her fawn. Overall the weather was nice and I was glad someone was successful. This past weekend I was able to slide back up there and punched my buck tag for the season! Big 5.5 year old 8 point. I'm bringin my dad back up for gun season to see if he can kill one and I'm going to try to go Kill some turkeys during the fall season next weekend. Boy have I got bad news for the bucks at the house this year. Now that I'm tagged out in kentucky I can focus all my time on them!!! I can't wait to get in a tree this weekend in Alabama.  Just something about hunting at home on your own ground makes me realizes how lucky I am! Good luck everyone!

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2016, 09:19:12 AM »
Well the circus is in full bore now at the house! I've been ate up with the obsession of trying to locate a new buck to kill. A few weeks ago I was able to take dad to Kentucky where he killed a real nice ten point the first hour of the first morning. He was some kind of fired up about it! Can't be any more tickled for the ole man! Well we left out of Kentucky not even 24 hours after arriving and went back home. I was planning on bowhunting the next morning but couldn't wake up to go like a lazy bum. Of course Spindly Nine was on cam at my stand at 8 that morning but the good Lord had other plans for me and that was on Monday the opener of muzzleloader I was to take the biggest buck we've killed on our family land! I go back to work and the next weekend rolls around which is rifle season for Alabama. Saturday wasn't much punkin on my end of the farm but Dad was covered slap up with deer. He didn't see any he wanted to shoot and just enjoyed em. The day two of the opener was a little bit better. I decided to shoot a doe that come out with 8 of her friends. Dad seen a few more deer but didn't kill anything. That afternoon I had to go to the outlaws for a little bit and got the text we all want to get when our dad is hunting. "I shot a big buck, can you come help me find it." Not only did I now have an excuse to leave the outlaws house,  but I also got to help dad find a good deer. I get there and he picks me up on the ziz wheel and off we go. We find blood and after tracking about 75 yards we found him! Spindly Nine!!!!!! So glad dad was able to get him. FF to this past weekend and we are back at it. It's the last day of the rifle antlerless season so dad shoots a doe, and then I'm covered up with deer and this monster bodied deer comes out, never seen him before but I know he's mature so I decide to shoot him. Not much for a rack but I'll bet a million he weighed over 225 lbs! Fully mature, just not all mature deer have big racks. Season is young and I've been blessed with three mature deer already this year, dad with two. We still have the rut coming in full bore and it's very close right now. I'm actually leaving work early today because of a couple of things I may have seen this morning that I need to take care of and I'll put it to you like this, the smallest one's number is gonna be around 135!!!!! Wish me luck! and good luck to everyone else this season! The circus is rolling!

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2016, 09:25:06 AM »
pics

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2016, 09:25:42 AM »
Also been dumping some coyotes here and there!

Offline Viking1204

• 12 Point
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2016, 02:29:12 PM »
Great hunting stories, keep up the great work!
Air Force Veteran

New Page 3

Google Ad