New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: ZLong's Hunting Roadshow Circus  (Read 5530 times)

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
Re: ZLong's Hunting Journal Updated
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 02:51:02 PM »
10/28 - 11/6

Been hunting everyday for the past nine days..... needless to say I am exhausted...
I killed a doe Saturday evening down south and forgot the date cards and the cameras (What a goof)
Seen a boat load of deer, the last count it was right at 60 for a total seen throughout last week give or take a few does.
But an average of six a day with some days being more and others being less.... so far though (knock on wood) the skunk has eluded me...  I killed an Alabama six point (legal 5 point with one point less than an inch) on the refuge earlier last week and got some trail cams of a big one at the house and finally layed eyes on him Friday evening and man is he a monster... I backed out after hunting him for three days and am waiting him out until rifle season opens.
Still no sign of rut.  I did grunt and bleat and two year old eight point into bow range Saturday evening right at dark.  He come in directly down wind and never knew I existed, he kept cleaning his nose with his tongue and you could even see the snot dripping out he was so close and lookin for whatever grunted at him. Pretty fun stuff.
Back to the grind this week, so looks like I'll be scouting from the truck window this week for the Sunday evening hunt.

The youth hunt is Saturday and I get the privledge of taking my little cousin south with us for his first ever deer hunt.  I am more fired up about it than I am any other hunts this year.  I hope he whacks something...man, I hope he whacks something,
Wish us luck down there and hope he shoots straight, and doesn't get shook up too bad  @--0--0121
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
Re: ZLong's Hunting Journal Turkey Season Updated
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 09:19:25 AM »
March-  Started out opening weekend in Fayette and it produced just like it should.. Chase and I were both able to harvest a bird and had multiple birds talk to us throughout the adventure.  Had that ordeal happen in Tuscaloosa a little while later that about killed me... and didn't harvest a bird on that trip. Ventured back to fayette solo and was able to jelly head a two year old gobbler.  After that turkey we made a trek to Gainesville and was able to take part in the harvest of two more gobblers from some of my buddies. 
 April (Thus far)-Last weekend I was able to travel to fayette again and had one firing off right at daylight close, so I eased around and set up, whispered some sweet nothings to him, and was standing on his head in fifteen minutes.... after that I hauled wagon to Tennessee to hunt the opener there and when I arrived I seen a dead gobbler hanging by his feet on the front porch of the cabin, ole partner had done slipped one in on me  @--0--0105,  So I grabbed my stuff and told him I was hittin the woods... he said LOOK!! and in the front yard of the cabin were two long beards... I eased out the back and went up the hill and got past em (the whole time he was textin me telling me where they were  @--0--0121 )  and when I got in front of them I called and they both cut me off, so I shut up and just a little bit here they come... I rolled the front turkey and the deal was done....  I spent 5 hours on the road that day and only hunted a total of about and hour and killed 2 gobblers.... gotta love those days... That following Monday a couple of us went back to Rocky Top and the goofball in my picture post in the turkey hunting section killed his.   Been a good season so far and have a hunt planned for tomorrow and hope they are screamin and do right once again...
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline capttrae

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • Mag Staff Writer
ZLong's Hunting Journal Updated
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 04:00:12 PM »
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
Re: ZLong's Seasonal Experiences
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 03:45:38 PM »
It's been a while since I been on this deal, so I thought I would change the name a little and start fresh since the season is right here upon us!
Been working my tail off getting ready for season....  I have been getting plots ready, farming as usual, and running cameras for weeks...  The farming part has been done, just waitin on mother nature to cooperate. One month she dehydrates us, then the next she floods us... oh well. Anything and everything is God given and I'll take it as a blessing.  Took inventory the other day and have just one shooter on camera, but he will be plenty enough. Split Brow tine eight point that I have given the name "Banana Split" probably gross in the 140's. That's the deer I have set my season on and will hunt him exclusively unless some other one shows up in rut.  The first part of the fall I'll be on the road heading to LBL on a homecoming hunt I was invited on and that seems like it's gonna be a hoot. Several TH members are getting to go on that hunt (Hunly, Bogo, myself, and would ya believe, the long lost Copperhead is going!) The week after that I'll be heading to North Dakota to hunt ducks and then the week I get back for that the season starts again in Alabama! I'm fired up about this year and hope to put a few good deer down, but I do know this, whether I do or not, I will enjoy the season. Oh yeah! My little boy was 7 months old yesterday... Time no longer stands still in my house. I hope to have a memorable season this year and I hope ya'll enjoy the stories and memories that will be made.

Offline capttrae

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • Mag Staff Writer
ZLong's Seasonal Experiences
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 05:38:52 PM »
Sounds like u got a good season lined up. Good luck

Offline Hunly

• 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 05:42:58 PM »
Ready to sling some arrows and bullets sounds like brother, it's about time to GET AFTER THEM!!!!!!!

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
ZLong's Seasonal Experiences
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 08:29:21 AM »
Sounds like the perfect dream season Z. Glad to see your season is going so well. Good luck getting one for the wall.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • taken around time HG and I were married
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 01:03:55 PM »
Sounds like you have already had a great season
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
Re: ZLong's Hunting Roadshow Circus
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2015, 12:09:31 PM »
Well let me refresh the ole journal up since I'm back in action here.
September season in Kentucky was about as miserable as an experience as I've dealt with in the deer woods... I literally hunted in shorts and short sleeves the second day of the season... 95 AND HOT!!!! Well it hasn't gotten much better for me up there since then having seen one pipsqueak spike on stand in 5 days of hunting.... FF to Alabama
Alabama opening weekend was about as exciting a weekend as I've had in the stands in a long time. Seen a pile of deer over the weekend and hope to continue that this coming weekend if I don't go crappie fishing. Next week I'll be heading back to Kentucky for the so called "early rut" I'm skeptical to all that hooblah with predicting the rut so I will see for myself if they know what's up...

KETUCKY
9/6/15 - nothing
9/7/15 - spike jones
10/8/15 - zilch
10/9/15 - nada
10/11/15 - nothing

Alabama
10/17/2015- 7, all bucks. biggest was about 145 inch ten point. Headed to beans mainly with a couple scrubs going into whiteoak flat
10/18/2015 - 9 total, 3 bucks (all scrubs) 6 does and yearlings
10/19/2015 -  10 total, 6 does and yearlings, 4 bucks. biggest about 135/140 eight.  SMASHED
10/22/2015 -  3 total, all does and one boone and crockett trash panda

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 12:13:35 PM by ZLong19 »

Offline yari

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2015, 04:25:32 PM »
bama has been good to you
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2015, 03:51:23 PM »
Well Bama seem to be the place for you. Good luck in KY, maybe the big boys have been awaiting your return, they didn't want you to sweat too much while hunting.  @--0--0117
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline russcat

• 2015 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman Champion
  • 14 Point
  • "behind every blade of grass"
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2015, 09:56:10 PM »
What's going on with Kentucky?  I'm sure the temps were still hot. I agree with Gutshot. Surely now that it's cooler they'll be moving getting ready for the rowdy season.
Team Buck Dynasty
39 Years "Out There"

Where Jesus is, is Heaven
Where Jesus isn't, is He11.
               -Joshua Crutchield

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2015, 03:48:39 PM »
Kentucky report:
Deer are movin. Bucks are walkin, looking, smellin. Love is in the air and close. Three-four days it's gonna bust wide open. Smashed a doe this morning because zlong is hongray!

Offline heflinsi

• Sept/11 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • 2015 Buck
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2015, 08:12:50 PM »
Z did you take the 135-140 8 pt in Bama?  Pictures?
Gysgt USMC Retired

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2015, 07:43:14 AM »
Z did you take the 135-140 8 pt in Bama?  Pictures?

Naw, I seen a 135/140 eight in Bama... I smashed his little nephew Curtis.... The broken down six point.
There's been a monster spotted on us the past couple weeks.. I've yet to lay eyes on him though.

New Page 3

Google Ad