New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Snorts deer journal  (Read 2400 times)

Offline red28

• Apr/11 Prize Winner
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • "AIM SMALL MISS SMALL"
Re: Snorts deer journal
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 11:04:25 AM »
Thusday and Friday afternoon hunts. Got blanked.

you can do it snort!!!
Mossy Oak Pro-staff
NRA Life Member

Offline hawghunter65

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point Droptine
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 01:07:36 PM »
find the food source snort and hunt mid-day if really cold,  get back in away from the source if able, 200-300 yards from the food source and closer to the big boys bedding areas and locate the trails and staging area they are using to approach the food source after dark.

@--0--0138
Brad Gordon, Staff Writer TH
52 years of chasing fur and feathers
NRA member
Past member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Member National Wild Turkey Federation
WTI user, grower, and believer
Matthew's bows
"Bone Collector" Team Member

Offline klures99

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 08:29:13 PM »
Don't give up on yourself Clint. We all have our downs, just choose not to stay there! Good Luck! Wish I was closer I would look all day with you for that buck.
2011 Team WPCS
2010 #24 Southern Boys
\/        \/
  \/     \/
   \|  |/
    (. .)
      U
Mikes magic pro staff
National Fishing Lure collectors club
North American Hunt club life member

Offline Snortweeze

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 09:19:41 AM »
This weekends muzzleloading adventure started on saturday afternoon. I went back to my stand were I shot the monster 12 point with my bow I did not find. I had 6 doe and a 2.5 year old buck come by at around 70 yards away. I was not going to shot anything unless it was big in that stand. With the full moon being out I descided to sleep in on Sunday and hunt later in the morning which paid off. I went and hunted a different farm with doe in mind. And at 12:30 3 came by. I cocked back the hammer and smoke flew out and a doe dropped. I then field dressed the deer and dragged her out and headed to another farm for an evening hunt. At 3:30 I had my first deer come by. It was a tiny deer, a fawn from this year. And fallowing her was a little 4 point buck. i watched him chase the fawn all around my stand. He was grunting his head off. At 4:00 I saw a doe heading down the ridge towards me. I watched her a while and once I confirmed she was a she and not a button buck the old T/C barked again. A cloud of smoked rolled out as I heard the deer crash daown the hill and piling up. I had a good weekends hunt even though there were no big buck sightings.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline AaronS

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • Prepper Community
  • 12 Point
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 01:18:19 PM »
Congrats bud.  Meat in the freezer.
If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.
1 cross + 3 nails = 4given

NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
QDMA Member

www.santapawspetpark.com

New Page 3

Google Ad