New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: DPD's Hunting Journal  (Read 3617 times)

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • one cold day
Re: DPD's Hunting Journal
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2011, 12:55:44 PM »
another unsuccessful day in the woods, but, they wouldn't call it hunting if you always were successful.  Finally got the right weather, little snow, warmish not bitter cold, ande good conditions.  Partner saw a couple of nice size der cross an upper lot but they never got as far as my watch.  went across a major highway to another area.  We also saw probabaly 15-20 turks and 2 to 3 thousand geese.  I did have fun today standing in a corn field that was harvested, I was crossing it, and have geese landing all around me 20-30 yards away.  What a racket when the 2 to 3 thousand saw me and took flight......really cool.
took a couple of pics from a stand I was in...If I went to our other stand I would have had a look at the deer crossing the lot and probably a shot...well, tuesday is the last day and I think I'll go into that stand and just sit for a few hours...my partner is done for the year so I'm all alone now......below pics
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • one cold day
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2011, 02:06:51 PM »
Today was the last day of deer hunting in NY......started off 29 degrees then getting above freezing , it was a beautiful morning but not any good for deer.  It seems everyone has given up except me ;D.   I didn't see any deer on watch all morning.  they simply are not moving after being arrowed at for around 2 months and shot at for another month in their.   I did see about 60 mallards in a flock and many geese.  can ya get that..mallards still here and its almost january.   It hasn't been a great weather year in the hunting periods.   The spring was wet and cold, not good for the turks.   the fall was again warmer than  usual, no snow to say much about and ended on Decvember 20th above freezing @--0--0117....well my season has come to an end.  I don't see myself going out during the Christmas season for pheasant so this is probably my last entry in my 2011 Journal.  all in all I did have a successful deer season and saw many others have a successful season.   Turkey was bad for me due to the weather and the Fall I did have my chances....fishing was somewhat successful.  I did have a lot of good times and fun during the seasons.. Thank the Lord that I am able to still do this...... 
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

Offline 5114TX

• Sept/11 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
  • Never squat with your spurs on!!
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 08:13:07 AM »
Enjoyed reading your entries, DPD.    It was a crazy year, for sure.    Thanks for bringing us along with you!!   @--0--0123 
They're ALL trophies...it's just that some are bigger than others!
      NRA member
"Lord, give me patience.....'cause if You give me strength, I'm gonna need bail money to go with it"!
      47 years, in pursuit!
Team "Non-typical"   '13 TH  DHC

New Page 3

Google Ad