New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: NJ PERMIT PRICES  (Read 1025 times)

Offline hunter24

• 4 Point
  • "Hunt with your kids, not for them"
NJ PERMIT PRICES
« on: September 22, 2011, 07:33:21 AM »
Hey any New Jersey hunters out there I would love to know how you feel about the changes in our state and the ungodly amount of money I just spent on permits and licenses to hunt in this fine state.  If they are going to make us a 3 points or better state then get rid of the buck tag in all seasons.  They are forcing us to hunt bigger bucks which is great but then lose the tag.  I also don't agree with a 1 day doe permit costing the same as a 10 day doe permit.  I do hunt out of state and it costs me less to hunt in PA as a non resident than it does to hunt in my own state.  I live here, I work here but if I didn't have so much family here, I'd be outta here!!!

3 points or better is fine, but it will keep deer with 14 inch spikes in the gene pool. 
"Take your kids hunting so you never have to hunt for your kids"
"Going fishing every day after school never got me in trouble, late for dinner yes, trouble no"
"May there never be too much concrete under my feet"

Offline tikkaman

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Hunt in Iron Range MN & Dunn County WI
Re: NJ PERMIT PRICES
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 07:48:44 AM »
That is ridiculous that a non-resident license is less expensive than yours, the same goes for the 10 day doe permit vs the 1 day!

Good luck hunter24
Hunt with your kids not for your kids
Mathews switchback
Tikka T3 lite S/S  30-06

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • taken around time HG and I were married
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 09:57:39 AM »
I don't understand how or why a 1 day and 10 day doe permit should cost the same. Why would anyone ever get a 1 day permit in that case
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Offline hunter24

• 4 Point
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 10:11:28 AM »
The state is divided into zones. Depending on what zone you want to hunt in determines how many days you get for permit doe season, permit archery and permit muzzleloader.  These permits are sepearate from your original license.  I get an all sportsman's license which covers my fishing, archery and shotgun.  $82. 50. Oh and a turkey permit and a rifle permit also are seperate charges.  I can't even use a rifle in NJ, but to use a muzzle loader you have to have it.  i don't bear hunt but that is another permit.   
"Going fishing every day after school never got me in trouble, late for dinner yes, trouble no"

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 06:09:21 AM »
hunter24, I feel your pain, but PA is following in their tracks. It's not about hunting anymore, it's all about the $$$$$ and filling the pockets of the corrupt game commission and their political crony's.

I am from PA, and have compained about the cost of NON-resident licenses. PA gives them away and give non-residents all of the rights and privleges as residents. Other states charge 3 time + their resident fee for non's then you have to get a specific tag at an additional charge. Here you get a buck tag, all small game and two turkey tags in the original fee.

If you can't afford to hunt your state come to PA
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
53 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Offline hunter24

• 4 Point
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 08:05:50 AM »
Gutshot,  I try every year, wasn't able to last year.  Love it there, when I do get out there I hunt about an hour north of Pittsburgh, 7 hours to get there and if I only had 2 days to hunt I would make the drive.  Good luck this year!!  Hope to make it back soon!!

Offline CTARCHER

• Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 06:43:11 PM »
Seems everyone has issues with the way their state charges for tags. Our tags have doubled in one year, and they no longer send you the tags. You have to print them out on your own computer as well as the licenses. Go figure!
Over 40 yrs chasin critters
U.S.Army 69-72
Life Member NRA
NRA Certified Pistol Safety Instructor
Life Member BASS
Also a RAVENS fan. (had to be different)

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 09:13:36 PM »
the money is what they want
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Online Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 04:31:34 PM »
I am in denial n what I pay. Sportman's all around; fishing  trout; then all the deer tags to get you through the seasons. Then I donate a few deer to Hunters Feeding the Hungry and no free replacement tag for helping out gettig the doe population down. At least I still have my Lifetime Georgia Sportsman license from way back when I was one of the first 500 to get it when they offered that program.
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital