New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Handgun Regulation for Bowhunters Expanded in Alabama  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Tattooed Hunter

• 6 Point
Re: Handgun Regulation for Bowhunters Expanded in Alabama
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 11:57:53 AM »
I have taken 2 deer with a 44 mag.  Both were clean kills, one at about 50 yds and one at 80.  I also carry a pistol when archery hunting however, it is not my 44 mag w/ scope.  I have a carry conceal permit that allows me to carry a handgun for personal protection in the woods.  %^$^
A bad day hunting is better than a good day working.

Offline bugfixer

• Administrator
  • 12 Point
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 12:33:50 PM »
I don't worry too much about carrying my CCW on my big lease. We are so far out of the way you don't see many people there except other hunters. I have access to smaller lease though, that I have already had to run folks out of. I had one guy sleeping in one of my ladder stands during turkey season. He scared the mess out me, when he popped up out of that stand. I was glad I had a 12 ga. with 3 1/2 number 5s in it.

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 04:34:17 PM »
That is good. I ember one year my buddies left me with several deer as they had to go into town in 'Bama and get more gas for the ATV's. Here I was in the dark having a pack of yotes hollering it up and getting closer. Thankfully, the guys came back and sacred off the pack but I always wondered "what if"
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline cuzsis

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 12:52:23 AM »
 They just changed it in WA too. We can now carry our handguns for personal defense, just as you would with a CPL out in public.

That's good news! You definitely don't want to be in this situation...

/yes, I know it's 'shopped.
//But the idea of killing a tasty animal out where big potentially very hungry predators live...  -00-9

New Page 3

Google Ad