New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: broad head weight and cutting diameter  (Read 2119 times)

Offline deerboy91

• Prize Winner
  • Spike
  • if it's brown it's down.
Re: broad head weight and cutting diameter
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 12:36:01 AM »
rage 3 blade broadheads 1.5 inch cutting diameter and the biggest holes you will ever see. it wont disappoint.
check out my deer camp's web site at www.bentboard.org

You can call me the "Sharpshooter"

Offline Powers450r

• 10 Point
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 10:46:08 AM »
I'm using rage 2 blade 100gr 2 inch cut!!
The Hoosier Buck Empire Team
The Clover is Green
The Trees are Tall
I wait quietly not to be Seen
So I may put you on my Wall
One only knows what one can Teach

Offline MN_Whitetail

• Sept. 2010 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • MN Whitetail and Turkey Bowhunter
    • Birchwood Taxidermy
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 07:58:04 AM »
i shoot a high country iron mace set at 65# i have a 27.5 inch draw  and shoot high country speed pro arrows. i have been using 100 grain broadheads,rage 2-blades.They fly great with my bow but they tend to open on their own at times and i lost a buck i shot last year after hiting him in the front shoulder at 15-yards.he was perfectly broadside to me.the one side never opened on entry and the other opened but bent back around the ferrow of the head. i know this because my cousin shot this buck a month later and the head was in his left lung which i have have in my possession.i am also thinking about using the g-5 strikers 100 gr.nervous about how it will fly.

Speed isn't everything is all I can say.  I know those High Country Speed arrows are super light arrows.  I wouldn't expect you to get great penetration with a 2 blade 2"+ expandable with that arrow.  I'v shot Rage for 3 years now and have never heard or had one open up during flight.  This could only happen from the blades not being locked properly with the O-Ring.  If you have them pushed into the grooves than you won't have a problem.  With that set-up you'd be better off shooting a Striker, Muzzy MX3/4, or any of the Slick Trick Broadheads.  Low profile, but very tough and sharp.  Make sure your paper-tuned perfectly to get field point flight with the broadheads.  Hope this helps.  If you were shooting another arrow like a Carbon Express 250, Easton 400, etc.  you would be fine, but those High Country Speed arrows are just for speed and not a great hunting arrow in my opinion
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:02:26 AM by MN_Whitetail »

New Page 3

Google Ad