New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Easton Lite Speed Arrow Warning!!!  (Read 3697 times)

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
Re: Easton Lite Speed Arrow Warning!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 08:09:44 AM »
Wow Z glad you are OK!

No arrow should explode!  Even if you are at IBO = 5 grains of arrow weight per lb of bow draw weight.  Since you spend so much on a bow donít skimp on an arrow.  Plus keep in mind you are going to shoot your arrows thousands of times.   Thatís why I buy the best arrow I can.  I buy PSE Carbon Force Pro arrows they have a tolerance of .001.  These shafts are cross weaved and are extremely strong.     
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline Snortweeze

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 08:45:44 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. That could be bad.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline mhouck06

• Fawn
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 01:15:54 PM »
i agree with roosclan. I'd like to know your draw weight, lenght, arrow length, tip weight and the spine of the arrow you were shooting. I use them for 3D and have not had a problem yet. Hope it stays that way! Glad you are ok.

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 01:29:20 PM »
Roosclan, Mhouck06,
My draw weight is 66lbs. (I had just bumped it up from 62 about two weeks prior)
My draw length and arrow length are both 29 inches
My insert/field point weight is 121 grains (100 field point) (21 for insert)
The spine of the arrow I was shooting is 0.400  (400's)
My knocks are different than most or at least they were (g-nock with uni-bushing) they are the same weight as standard lightspeeds roughly 13 grains

These arrows are not the 3D Lightspeeds, they are the hunting lightspeeds,  and it could have very well been a damaged arrow that I didn't pay attention to but if it was or wasn't it got my attention real quick, hence, why I am swapping
Never had it happen before either
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline gunner

• 6 Point
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 01:39:20 PM »
When was at Gander Mountain Sunday getting Troy Landry's autograph I happened to look on the back of a carbon express maxima box and it showed on a graph ,what grain of arrow you should be using. It went by draw length and draw weight (poundage) and like everyone has said it don't hurt to go bigger. Saftey first!!
GET-R-DONE

NAHC LIFE MEMBER
NRA MEMBER
BUCKMASTERS MEMBER

Offline roosclan

• 4 Point
  • escaped from the loonybin...
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 08:37:41 PM »
Roosclan, Mhouck06,
My draw weight is 66lbs. (I had just bumped it up from 62 about two weeks prior)
My draw length and arrow length are both 29 inches
My insert/field point weight is 121 grains (100 field point) (21 for insert)
The spine of the arrow I was shooting is 0.400  (400's)
My knocks are different than most or at least they were (g-nock with uni-bushing) they are the same weight as standard lightspeeds roughly 13 grains

These arrows are not the 3D Lightspeeds, they are the hunting lightspeeds,  and it could have very well been a damaged arrow that I didn't pay attention to but if it was or wasn't it got my attention real quick, hence, why I am swapping
Never had it happen before either

Very helpful info, but I still need to know what bow you were shooting when it happened.

Using the OT2 software and guessing that you have a moderate-speed bow such as a Mathews EZ7 (IBO of 315fps), you are waaay underspined with those arrows.
Maitland Retribution VTR
Harvest Time Archery HT-2 Harvester, FOBs, RFA Phoenix broadhead
Harvest Time Archery advisory staff

Offline rdtj

• 6 Point
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 08:55:16 AM »
glad your ok, thanks for the heads up!

New Page 3

Google Ad