New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Had roasted....  (Read 1957 times)

Offline BigDaddyD

• 6 Point
Re: Had roasted....
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 08:35:46 AM »
That sounded great. ;D
Maryland Bowhunter Society Member
Bassmaster Member

Offline growalot

• 2014/15 Whitetail Deer Championship Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 02:28:49 PM »
Thanks it sure was...the soup was just as good.....I simmered the carcass and legs after cutting off all the breast meat that was left....leaving the apples and onions inside...for 3hours...I gathered wild leeks ...cut bulbs greens and all sauteed them and added yellow and green beans.... peas..corn.. baby carrots...and .cubed turkey...seasoned with poultry seasoning and Bue Monde ...then simmered slow for 4hours....adding Dilente pasta the last hour......Turkey sandwiches with leek greens for lunch @--0--0118

Offline SRHunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
    • Scotland Ridge Hunting Club
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 09:08:06 PM »
Het Grow, Give a little more detail in that recipe.  I have never cooked a whole bird.  We just breast them out.  I would really like to know how to do that.  Sounds good.
When I die bury me where I can hear the turkeys gobble in the Spring time.

Offline growalot

• 2014/15 Whitetail Deer Championship Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 09:27:13 PM »
Srhunter...I re-read and there isn't any more detail...other than I tied  his drum sticks to the cavity opening and tucked wings under drums...like you see on domestic birds...I simply took a soft spatula and spread the olive oil mayo over the out side of bird ...like frosting a cake...just remember not to double dip ...or you'll ruin your mayo ...or forget and get very ill @--0--0137...The broth I basted him with was the gizzards and giblets simmered in water with a bit of white wine added..I set the oven a tad higher at 350 to roast him...I cored and quartered the apples and cut the onions in half and threw them inside the cavity...hope you have a chance at roasting one

Offline Duane72

• 14 Point Droptine
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 07:42:29 PM »
Sounds awesome growalot... congrats on the harvest... and the resulting table fare!  ##$%#111
USAF Veteran
Bow, Shotgun, & Muzzleloader Hunter
Acts 10:13 "...Get up, Peter, kill and eat!"
Proverbs 12:27 "...the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt."

New Page 3

Google Ad