New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Lost weekend  (Read 604 times)

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
Lost weekend
« on: April 29, 2011, 06:58:55 PM »
In NJ you have to buy a $21 permit for each short period (on top of your $75 Sportsman License) :

Hunting Periods Dates
A. Monday, April 25–Friday, April 29, 2011
B. Monday, May 2–Friday, May 6, 2011
C  Monday, May 9–Friday, May 13, 2011
D. Monday, May 16–Friday, May 20 and Monday, May 23–Friday, May 27, 2011
E. Saturdays: April 30, and May 7, 14 and 21, 201

You have to pay for each letter permit if there are any left over after the permit draw.

So, what happened to me? Good new and bad news.

The Good news. I was lucky so I thought. I got the A, D and E permits. E sells out the first as most folks I know do not get to schedule their vacation days to cover the season as they would like. A majority of the hunters I know have M-F jobs. Note there is no Sunday hunting.  I also got a nice Tom on my "A" permit.

The bad news? Well tomorrow is in a sense the "2nd" opener of Turkey season here as the M-F crowd gets out for the first time. My problem? My Brother's son's wife is having a shot gun baby shower (if you get my drift --7-8-9) so I have to be in NY (where I work) taking my wife and mother to the event and kill 5 hours waiting for the hen party to break up and I won't be able to hunt  ##$%#12. With my work schedule that means I will only get to be in the woods once in 14 days counting from last Monday.  @--0--0117

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:06:37 PM by Flintlock1776 »
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • one cold day
Re: Lost weekend
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 07:04:07 PM »
 @--0--0101 whenever you go..in NY we have to buy a permit that has Spring season and fall included (also have small game license) the spring season is 2 toms and lastsw May 1 thru 31....fall season is in October to Just before the southern tier opener the third week of November and that has 2 either sex I believe.  turkey permits were 5 bucks, they may be 10 now, but I have a lifetime NY license and it is included in that....again  @--0--0101 when you can go @--0--0118
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

New Page 3

Google Ad