New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: almost done with school...  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Blocko

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • Hunt and Fish
Re: almost done with school...
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 07:10:44 AM »
Good luck with your finals.  I hope they all went/go well.  How great is it to know that you can focus hard on your studies and then rip through your finals...and then be rewarded with enjoying time outdoors chasing birds.  Good luck!!
BIG THANKS to all the Great Sponsors!!!!!

NRA member
2010 Talk Hunting Turkey Championship - 2nd place
President of Block Design & Construction Services, Inc.
Michigan Professional Engineer

Offline 5114TX

• Sept/11 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
  • Never squat with your spurs on!!
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 08:06:23 AM »
I'm sure you aced those finals, SRH, then best of luck with finding "BIG TOM!!!" 
They're ALL trophies...it's just that some are bigger than others!
      NRA member
"Lord, give me patience.....'cause if You give me strength, I'm gonna need bail money to go with it"!
      47 years, in pursuit!
Team "Non-typical"   '13 TH  DHC

Offline sirrobbinhood

• 2014/2015 Whitetail Deer Championship Winner
  • 8 Point
  • I love being in the woods!
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 12:28:11 AM »
OK so I got 3 A's and a B+...I'm not happy about the B+ but apparently I scored right at the average of the final of the class.  Out of 4 semesters I have all A's and 2 B+'s.  I know it's a good grade but I am not a B student so I have to work harder this summer semester.  It's all about birds right now though until the 16th when I start school again...well that and the final planning stages of the wedding for the 28th.  It's gonna be a busy month of May it seems!
"Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum"
"Stuff happens when you party naked"
NRA Patron Member
NAH Lifetime Member
Former Air Force Sniper 
Hunting and Fishing and loving every second of it!
Been waiting a long time for this...
2014/15 Deer Hunting Champions team member!!! 
Sir Pointsalot

Offline 5114TX

• Sept/11 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
  • Never squat with your spurs on!!
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 11:48:17 AM »
OK so I got 3 A's and a B+...I'm not happy about the B+ but apparently I scored right at the average of the final of the class.  Out of 4 semesters I have all A's and 2 B+'s.  I know it's a good grade but I am not a B student so I have to work harder this summer semester.  It's all about birds right now though until the 16th when I start school again...well that and the final planning stages of the wedding for the 28th.  It's gonna be a busy month of May it seems!

Congrats on the scores, SRH!  I'm sure you'll improve the B during the summer semester.  Now, GO GET THEM BIRDS!!
They're ALL trophies...it's just that some are bigger than others!
      NRA member
"Lord, give me patience.....'cause if You give me strength, I'm gonna need bail money to go with it"!
      47 years, in pursuit!
Team "Non-typical"   '13 TH  DHC

Offline SRHunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
    • Scotland Ridge Hunting Club
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 09:04:15 PM »
Been there. Hope it happens!
When I die bury me where I can hear the turkeys gobble in the Spring time.

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 06:01:47 AM »
I wouldn't complain too much about those grades.  I graduated with a 3.00 GPA, but I was going to school half time, and working 40 hrs a week to support my family, plus attending monthly Guard drills.  That was way better than in H.S.   Good luck with your hunting!
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline BubbaBrown

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Life is good at The Deer Camp!
    • The Deer Camp
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 09:26:33 PM »
I had mostly A's in my major of architecture, we won't talk about those other courses. Like they say, before I couldn't spell Arketek, now I are one.
Semi-Retired & Over the Hill

2009 TalkHunting Sportsman of the Year
www.thedeercamp.com
2009 TALK HUNTING WILD GAME COOK-OFF CHAMPION
Cpl. USMC 1970-1972, MOS 6064, Parachute Rigger

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 07:52:47 AM »
Good luck with school.  Do what I did take your book to the woods.  Split Toe can vouch for me on that one!  For many years I was studying while everyone was having a good ole time in camp.  But its all worth it.  Good luck you will do well.

Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline Duane72

• 14 Point Droptine
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »

That's awesome! Congratulations!

What are you studying for? Getting married eh? Very cool! Congratulations!
USAF Veteran
Bow, Shotgun, & Muzzleloader Hunter
Acts 10:13 "...Get up, Peter, kill and eat!"
Proverbs 12:27 "...the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt."

Offline sirrobbinhood

• 2014/2015 Whitetail Deer Championship Winner
  • 8 Point
  • I love being in the woods!
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 11:31:19 PM »

That's awesome! Congratulations!

What are you studying for? Getting married eh? Very cool! Congratulations!

Yes sir I am getting hitched on the 28th of this month to my awesome lady Nikki! I am studying Criminal Justice with a Minor in Political Science.  I will be done with school after the summer semester of 2012...which I am happy about because I want to get back into Law Enforcement.  School is a nice break from working but it doesn't do much to pay the bills!  Especially when I go full time.  I am heading out to a buddies house tomorrow and we are headin up to Fluvanna, VA to hunt the last two days of the season! Lets hope I get one cause if not it will be the 4th year in a row that I get hammered by the Thunder Chickens!  HAHA
"Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum"
"Stuff happens when you party naked"
NRA Patron Member
NAH Lifetime Member
Former Air Force Sniper 
Hunting and Fishing and loving every second of it!
Been waiting a long time for this...
2014/15 Deer Hunting Champions team member!!! 
Sir Pointsalot

Offline Duane72

• 14 Point Droptine
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 07:31:46 AM »
Yes sir I am getting hitched on the 28th of this month to my awesome lady Nikki! I am studying Criminal Justice with a Minor in Political Science.  I will be done with school after the summer semester of 2012...which I am happy about because I want to get back into Law Enforcement.  School is a nice break from working but it doesn't do much to pay the bills!  Especially when I go full time.  I am heading out to a buddies house tomorrow and we are headin up to Fluvanna, VA to hunt the last two days of the season! Lets hope I get one cause if not it will be the 4th year in a row that I get hammered by the Thunder Chickens!  HAHA

Well congratulations to you and Nikki! And God bless your marriage deeply!

Good luck in Fluvanna. Hope a mature one shows up for you!
USAF Veteran
Bow, Shotgun, & Muzzleloader Hunter
Acts 10:13 "...Get up, Peter, kill and eat!"
Proverbs 12:27 "...the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt."

New Page 3

Google Ad