New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Poll

Which rig is your favorite?

Texas rig
Wacky style
Carolina rig

Author Topic: Bass fishing  (Read 878 times)

Offline tikkaman

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Hunt in Iron Range MN & Dunn County WI
Bass fishing
« on: April 15, 2011, 07:56:39 AM »
Which rig is your favorite?  I am a wacky guy myself.. ##$%#117 ##$%#1115 ##$%#117
Hunt with your kids not for your kids
Mathews switchback
Tikka T3 lite S/S  30-06

Offline ameshell

• 12 Point Double Droptine
  • 12.86lb Baby!
Re: Bass fishing
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 08:00:01 AM »
 ##$%#1119 I had to choose whacky cus you didn't put senko or weightless!  @--0--0121
Team "Big 10"
Team 3 Rack Addicts
Texas Peace Officer
Served in the US Navy

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 08:10:42 AM »
##$%#1119 I had to choose whacky cus you didn't put senko or weightless!  @--0--0121

gotta love the Senko. That is a Guntersville phenom when the grass gets topped out.  Just throw it out there and hold on  ;D

I couldn't vote because I'm torn between the Texas Rig and The carolina rig. I love both of them and they both have their places in certain situations
My biggest fish I have ever caught come on the ball and chain using a brush hog. She weighed 11 and change.
As of this time of year both are workin extremely well on spawning flats and flippin bushes. I like to throw the C-Rig on ledges too.
I wanna go fishing right now!!!!!!
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline ameshell

• 12.86lb Baby!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 08:28:09 AM »
##$%#1119 I had to choose whacky cus you didn't put senko or weightless!  @--0--0121

gotta love the Senko. That is a Guntersville phenom when the grass gets topped out.  Just throw it out there and hold on  ;D

I couldn't vote because I'm torn between the Texas Rig and The carolina rig. I love both of them and they both have their places in certain situations
My biggest fish I have ever caught come on the ball and chain using a brush hog. She weighed 11 and change.
As of this time of year both are workin extremely well on spawning flats and flippin bushes. I like to throw the C-Rig on ledges too.
I wanna go fishing right now!!!!!!
The fish in my avatar was caught on a weightless fluke in Florida! 12.86lbs and she was released to have her babies for us to catch another day! My all time fav is the ribbit! Let's GO!
Team "Big 10"
Team 3 Rack Addicts
Texas Peace Officer
Served in the US Navy

Offline tikkaman

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 09:52:34 AM »
  I go weightless most of the time, sorry i left that out @--0--0128.  I love those Gary Yamamoto Senko's, they are the best.  I had to go try the local pond last Sunday evening but the water is still pretty cold up here.  We are supposed to get 1-2 inches of the white stuff today unfortunately so bass fishing is going to be put on hold even longer  :'(   Catch a few for me down there
Mathews switchback
Tikka T3 lite S/S  30-06

Offline Copperhead

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • ...wasting my day at work when I could be huntin'.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 10:29:01 AM »
Weightless 7 inch trick worm or weightless 4 inch tube are my faves. Also love the chatterbait, some swimbaits, and a jig spinner. But if they're hitting a buzzbait that just makes me giddy!
NRA Member
NAHC Member
Whitetail Fanatic
Crimson Tide Fan \\\\\\\"Roll Tide Roll!\\\\\\\"
Team Southern Boys

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 10:55:37 AM »
speak english will ya   @--0--0117     pole with a live worm    --099-780
turkey season is 1 month away

dave 1211

Offline tikkaman

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 11:11:29 AM »
Weightless 7 inch trick worm or weightless 4 inch tube are my faves. Also love the chatterbait, some swimbaits, and a jig spinner. But if they're hitting a buzzbait that just makes me giddy!

I agree, when they are hitting top water baits there is nothing more fun than that!
speak english will ya   @--0--0117     pole with a live worm    --099-780

Your a wacky guy deep down Dave @--0--0107 ##$%#16 -00-9 @--0--0106 @--0--0102 ##$%#117
Mathews switchback
Tikka T3 lite S/S  30-06

Offline 5114TX

• Sept/11 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
  • Never squat with your spurs on!!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 11:59:11 AM »
Texas rig mostly, but it depends on the structure I'm fishin'.   
They're ALL trophies...it's just that some are bigger than others!
      NRA member
"Lord, give me patience.....'cause if You give me strength, I'm gonna need bail money to go with it"!
      47 years, in pursuit!
Team "Non-typical"   '13 TH  DHC

Offline Robert Rose

• 6 Point
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 12:11:59 PM »
Don't know if I could pick just one method as my favorite. I fish several ways. Texas rig put my PB in the boat and I also like crankin' a lot. I like the yammies too, but lately have gone to throwing Grande Bass Baby Rattlesnakes and been doing real good with them. Fish them with a 1/8th or 3/16th tungston or on a shakey head.
Robert Rose
Stephenville, Texas
COCORAHS Station  TX-ER-4 & TX-CMN-3

Offline lswoody

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 08:14:06 PM »
I put down the texas rig cause you can fish it almost anywhere. You can't do that with the carolina but I've caught alot with the carolina. Have not done much wacky stuff.
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline ameshell

• 12.86lb Baby!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 06:20:06 AM »
##$%#1119 The Tube bait has always been a real crutch for me, sure would like someone to show me something on how to catch fish with them!  @--0--0125 I've tried different jigs, hooks and all i've ever caught on them is Flounder  @--0--0117
Team "Big 10"
Team 3 Rack Addicts
Texas Peace Officer
Served in the US Navy

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 06:32:46 AM »
I picked the Texas rig but the carolina is a strong second for me...just depends on what I'm fishing.
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline Copperhead

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • ...wasting my day at work when I could be huntin'.
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 07:04:41 AM »
##$%#1119 The Tube bait has always been a real crutch for me, sure would like someone to show me something on how to catch fish with them!  @--0--0125 I've tried different jigs, hooks and all i've ever caught on them is Flounder  @--0--0117
I usually fish 'em with a straight shanked No.2 hook run through the length and exposed. You can either swim it or short hop it to mimic a crawdad. Have also rigged it weedless with a crooked shank by entering the nose and then exiting about 3/8 down, turning the hook and tucking the point into the hollow bottom of the tube. I really like 'em around docks and boathouses as they skip better than any bait I've ever tried.
NRA Member
NAHC Member
Whitetail Fanatic
Crimson Tide Fan \\\\\\\"Roll Tide Roll!\\\\\\\"
Team Southern Boys

Offline droptine

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 03:59:23 PM »
At certain times, the wacky rig outshines every other bait out there.......BUT.....If I can only have one bait to fish with all year, it would be a 3/8 Arkie jig, watermelon with a watermelon or green pumpkin trailer.  This is the all terrain bait for all seasons.  You can flip it, pitch it, cast it, troll it, bank it off the back of your partners head and pretend it was an accident, swim it, over the shoulder, through the legs, etc....Anyway, jigs work all the time.  DT ##$%#1115

New Page 3

Google Ad