New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Them Crazy Water Temps!  (Read 353 times)

Offline NotRite

• 10 Point
  • 5lb-12oz Ky Spot Caught 5-06-12
Them Crazy Water Temps!
« on: April 08, 2011, 12:10:30 PM »
I went bass fishing in one of the local stripper pits on April 2nd. Water temps started out at 60 and I saw em at 62 before I left which was noonish. Water I am sure got a lil warmer that day and the next. However, when I went fishing yesterday in that same pit, the water temps had dropped to 58! I was surprised to say the least. I knew we had had some cooler weather since my last trip, but we also had 2 very warm and sunny days as well. The fish had moved back out to the 10-12' depths and just would not bite. I left yesterday around noon as well and the temps had crawled to 59 but the sun was shining so I would not doubt that the temps got back to 60...maybe.......just maybe 61. @--0--0131

Anywho I am going to wait til this afternoon and fight the 20mph winds and try em again. Hoping to catch that 64-66 degree range where I know they will have moved up and ready to bite before bedding. Wish me luck!!!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 01:20:37 PM by NotRite »
BASS member
K.I.S.S. member
(Keep It Simple Stupid)

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: Them Crazy Water Temps!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 03:54:09 PM »
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE WIND---IT'S BEEN HOWLING UP HERE TOO.HOPE YOU HAVE BETTER LUCK THIS TRIP!!
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline hawghunter65

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point Droptine
Re: Them Crazy Water Temps!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 03:57:06 PM »
fishing the great lakes i've found wind can move the fish a couple of miles or more in less than a day.  i imagine in texas its always a factor.

@--0--0138
Brad Gordon, Staff Writer TH
52 years of chasing fur and feathers
NRA member
Past member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Member National Wild Turkey Federation
WTI user, grower, and believer
Matthew's bows
"Bone Collector" Team Member

New Page 3

Google Ad