New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Weatherby Accubrake System  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Mossyhead

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
Weatherby Accubrake System
« on: October 06, 2008, 03:53:55 PM »
I have a Weatherby Vanguard in 300 WBY MAG, the recoil is not unbearable, but i have delevoped a flinch from the recoil. it may be because I ran 20 rounds through it in a single day, i dont know, but I was thinking about putting a Accubrake System on my rifle to help tame it down abit. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about Weatherby's Accubrake System? Your comments would be appreciated! --09--0
Ted Walker, Manager of Big Buck Down Hunting Properties

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
Re: Weatherby Accubrake System
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 06:11:13 PM »
mossy there might be a few people on here throw rocks at me but set up like you normally will for shooting target. Do everything you normally do and dry fire it. Do this a couple times. The only problem you are having is your brain is getting in the way. Don't throw rocks guys.

Offline Double D Gunworks

• 2010 Nov Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • "We deal in lead friend"
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 09:32:11 PM »
 --7-8-9 DRYFIRE OMG!!!  @--0--0105  buy yourself a snap cap for it, set up aim and snap the blank until nothing moves when you pull the trigger, actually really good practice for trigger control. @--0--0101
"HUNT FOR LIFE!"

Daryl Duke
Life Member;
NRA
North American Fishing Club
TSRA business booster
member American Gunsmithing Association

Offline Mossyhead

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 07:38:41 AM »
Thanks Guys, I tried that out this morning while sitting at the dinner table and no flinch not the first time! I just wonder if my Brain knows it was unloaded........................LOL...................
Ted Walker, Manager of Big Buck Down Hunting Properties

Offline MUDSOCK

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Aim Small Miss Small
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 05:10:32 PM »
Probably the case...you could try tricking your brain and get one of those limbsaver shoulder pads. may help trick the brain the other way.
Adrenaline Outdoor Products
"Feel the Rush"

Offline Tightline

• 2008 Prize Winner
  • Spike
    • Hunt With Chuck
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 12:30:27 AM »
i got the 30.378 Weatherby Magnum and i want shoot it unless it's on there. i shot it once without the Accubrake and it kicked to hard for me. im sure if i shot it enough without the accubrake on, id start flinching or closing my eyes when i pull the trigger.

there's nothing wrong with using one. sometimes there even needed in older hunters using bigger guns. -0078

let us know what you decided @--0--0101
They Will have to Pry My Cold Dead Fingers From My Tracking SYSTEM, and Shoot My 4 Wheeler Before i Quit Hunting :)
713-253-7132
Nope, I aint Matthew Quigley, but I taught the lad to Shoot. !!!!

Offline DEERSLAYER

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 11:25:05 AM »
--7-8-9 DRYFIRE OMG!!!  @--0--0105  buy yourself a snap cap for it, set up aim and snap the blank until nothing moves when you pull the trigger, actually really good practice for trigger control. @--0--0101
Yes, buy a snap cap AND go out to shoot with a friend. Have him load your gun and alternate between a live round and the snap cap. That should help you.

New Page 3

Google Ad