New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: 2011 Turkey Season Quick Posts  (Read 11596 times)

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
Re: 2011 Turkey Season Quick Posts
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 12:49:55 PM »
Was fishing this weekend on Mitchell and seen some hens on the bank.
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline dobbie

• 6 Point
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 01:31:13 AM »
Hunted Shelby County, AL (Central part of state) Tues thru Thurs this week. Cool mornings with low fog in valleys/hollers. Very little gobbling. Heard 2 Monday. Lite rain Tue morning - none. Wed morning - none. Thurs morning - none. I am in a club hunting 4000 acres. Several other members had same experience. Big boys gobbled once or twice and went to ground with hens. Very little action from younger gobblers. They would not respond to calls. One 2 yr old taken Wednesday afternoon.

I am sure that things will change this weekend. Temperature has warmed up at night and during the day. Unfortunately I am working this weekend.

Good luck to all those AL hunters this weekend.

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 10:19:02 AM »
Hunted Fayette County, Alabama(3/19/2011)
Heard seven different gobblers. Two got to ride back in the truck.
Only had two birds gobble on roost but the other five started firin up between 8:30am and 12 noon.
This just goes to show everyone out there who is just getting started that even though they don't gobble on roost that don't mean shut it down and go eat breakfast. Stay with it. The best time to fool ole Tom is midday in my opinion.

Good Luck to Everyone!!!
Hunting is a way of life: Love it, Teach it, Live it. But most of all.... RESPECT IT and pass it on!

Offline Possum

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 10:35:25 AM »
Looked at some new Hunting Land 4,000 Acres in Coosa Co Alabama while riding around with my Brother and Kubuta UTV Sunday afternoon 03/20/2011
we spotted 3 Turkeys on a field about 500 yards away My Brother had his Shotgun and I had a Stright Creek Slate and two Stickers with me...
We slipped down to the Plot edge and he was in full strut about 120 yards away something spooked them could have been my Brother's red Shirt
or my bare white legs I slipped be hind a log and started calling he would call back about 4 times then he was silent I spotted him about 60 yards
just could not close the deal...
Freelance Outdoor Writer

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 11:20:32 AM »
good luck
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline saintdeer

• Spike
  • SHOOT TO GRILL!
    • www.nohungrypeople.org
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 10:23:18 PM »
good luck to ya'll. Don't start here til 4-2, youth day! cannot wait!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
NRA Member
Humanewatch.org
NAHC Member
Executive Chef 25+ years
Executive Chef Duke Diet and Fitness
Center
Regional Coordinator, NC- www.BackyardBowPro.org

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 03:03:02 PM »
They were gobbling like crazy this morning but shut up as soon as they hit the ground. That's very typical here because of the predators. I had 3 gobbling where I was. All three were off property. I tried to call one over to our side and if I could have stayed longer i think I might have done it but had to work this morning. Going this afternoon to see what I can stir up...
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline capttrae

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • Mag Staff Writer
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 09:10:56 PM »
Been huntin hard hearin birds but can't get any takers, did call a hen up to about 25 steps yesterday mornin. Saw him this mornin in a food plot as I was coming out, needless to say I'll b sittin in there first thing in the mornin and hangin tight till I either get him or it gets dark which ever comes first

Offline bcotton

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 11:22:58 PM »
Called in a big one this morning, to bad it was a big coyote.  He did get a nice turkey load in the gut  -0078      @--0--0138 
BC

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 11:05:25 AM »
No luck this morning. Heard one way off but that was it. Very windy and overcast..
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 09:16:21 AM »
Despite the wind and coolness was able to locate and try 4 different gobblers. (no luck on the killin part) also heard a jake.
Need some sunshine and it will be on!!!

Offline Duane72

• 14 Point Droptine
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 07:25:58 PM »
Thought about going out. But... being that it isn't season here for another month i decided against it!  @--0--0105
USAF Veteran
Bow, Shotgun, & Muzzleloader Hunter
Acts 10:13 "...Get up, Peter, kill and eat!"
Proverbs 12:27 "...the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt."

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 07:41:07 PM »
Went Turkey hunting Saturday and Sunday.  The whole crew was there: Cobb Guy, Split Toe, MossyDawg, Little Dawg & Bo Ballistice even made the long drive. Most everyone heard some some birds.   I had one gobbling w/in 100yds but could not close the deal.
The hero of our group was  "LittleDawg" he busted a big ole bird.  This ole tom had 1" spurs and 11" beard.  Way to go Little Dawg.
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 07:33:24 AM »
Got my partners in crime headed to te woods this morning at a different piece of property to listen.  Season opens there Friday, so I opted to take a day of vacation to go kill an call in some turkeys.  They heard two gobblers hammerin it at daylight and found a tore up strut zone.
They backed out and now it's time to kill some turkeys
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 07:56:22 AM by ZLong19 »

Offline ZLong19

• Feb.11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
  • Ya'll see urn' today?
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2011, 09:16:01 AM »
My hit men was back at it yesterday listening for the Winston County Opener tomorrow and get this..... They located ELEVEN!!!! different birds on roost.
I'm already twitching, I can't wait.
I'll let ya'll know what goes down. We got from daylight to dark, Saturday and Sunday to kill. I hope we can close the coffin on some

New Page 3

Google Ad