New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: 2011 Turkey Season Quick Posts  (Read 11599 times)

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • one cold day
Re: 2011 Turkey Season Quick Posts
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2011, 12:51:29 PM »
well, finally got to go out without it pouring or cold...we had a bunch of thunderstorms go thru last night and when 3:30 am came about it quit...I and my son got on our trogs and went out....the storms probably kept them silent off the roost but we saw at least 5 or 6 gobblers, 8 -10 hens...I called and called but they just wouldnt leave those ladies...I got one more chance tomorrow and I am changing tactics again and setting up where we have seen them come thru every time that we have been there.....wish me luck...one good thing is that I saw the big boy and if I get a crack at him....the contest will be mine ;D
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • one cold day
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2011, 03:53:17 PM »
Well, its Fall season andI have been twice and going out tomorrow....have seen turks everytime just got to have them at a good distance....I posted a trailcam of some turks we were hunting them about 300 yards from the camera that took a pic of them.....only saw 1 and their were a bunch....us on side of hill, turks on top --099-780 thats how it goes sometimes.......were going tomorrow again @--0--0118

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • taken around time HG and I were married
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2011, 07:45:43 PM »
We have had 2 sunny days in a row here not to far north of you DPD, I did not see a turkey either day, but saw 3 deer yesterday while carrying the shotgun for turkeys and not the bow.
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2011, 09:37:59 PM »
I was planning on going out this morning, but didn't go.  When I got up, I simply didn't have enough energy to go. 
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • one cold day
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2011, 08:06:17 PM »
went out Friday...didnt see anything but Saturday watched them flydownand we set up where they went before but wouldnt you know that they moved thru where we set up the first time we saw them....too far for a shot..saw a fox and retrieved camera pics.....will post one under trail cam...planon maybe going out friday but saturday is the opener for muzzleloader up north @--0--0118

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2011, 10:59:57 AM »
i when for a hour saw and heard nothing      @--0--0117
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline Sureshot1

• Spike
  • The Turkey Marathon is on!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2012, 11:09:19 AM »
Seen 2 or 3 turkeys couldn't tell if hen or tom. They were fired up this morning once we started calling, we put the stalking on them that's when i seen them in the field but after that nothing. Hunt time about 4 hours

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2012, 04:47:46 PM »
my Michigan season started last monday.  So far, it's been kinda dismal.  Rain on monday.  windy on tuesday.  had a tom gobbling on the roost, about 100 yds away, maybe closer, but when it pitched down, it shut up and walked away.  Skipped wednesday.  nothing gobbling on the roost on thursday, so I tried blind calling.  Zip.  Went this morning, and the only gobbling I heard sounded like it was a mile away, well outside of the property I was hunting.  Tried some more blind calling.  another zero.  One thing that struck me kind of funny.  In all the walking I did, I only saw one turkey track, but I saw relatively fresh coyote tracks in five different spots!  The farmer told me he had had  problems with coyotes earlier this year when his cows were calving, and lost one calf to the coyotes. 
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

New Page 3

Google Ad