New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: JUG FISHING  (Read 6404 times)

Offline Bone Collector

• 2010 Nov Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
Re: JUG FISHING
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 09:26:58 PM »
last time i did it we had a horrible time dealing with the gar.  you know its a big gar when they pull under a gallon milk jug for a second.

Offline catfishhunter

• Button Buck
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2010, 03:54:39 AM »
Ron we'll definently have to defend our title as cornhole champs! It's not a down south thing either I'm in Indiana and I jug fish.

Offline WNCDEERHUNTER

• Dec/10 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2010, 05:11:35 AM »
still do jug fish on occasion when we're at the lake camping.............. Man you brought back some old memories though!
U.S. Army - Veteran

N.C. Lifetime Sportsman

Offline NIMROD

• Sept. 2010 Prize Winner
  • 4 Point
  • work at nothing all day
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 05:47:50 PM »
WE ALSO USE NOODLES. ##$%#1115
Work is for those who don't hunt and fish

Offline catfishhunter

• Button Buck
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2010, 09:28:20 PM »
Jug fishing is how me and my great grandpa caught my first catfish! That is a memory i'll never forget!

Offline NotRite

• 10 Point
  • 5lb-12oz Ky Spot Caught 5-06-12
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2011, 11:24:16 AM »
We used to "tree limb" for cats at a couple of old pits that are not around anymore....simply tie a string with hook and shad strips on hook and tie it to a tree limb hanging over the water about 1ft or so in the water. I cannot tell you how effective that was......I remember one night...right before/during a tremendous rain storm we got the lines out...last few in the rain....thought we were gonna sink before we got back under the bridge for cover.....it rained for like 3hrs HARD. Went out to ck the lines.......wow...fish on just about every one and when we would take a fish and rebait you couldn't get 4 or 5 lines away and would look back to see the line taught with another fish....LOL them were the days.
BASS member
K.I.S.S. member
(Keep It Simple Stupid)

Offline jovado105

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 07:13:32 PM »
Sounds like fun, I'll have to try it this summer!

New Page 3

Google Ad